Addressing Entry Process limits

Website URL

https://colegrove.org/

Error Message

Domain Suspended

Other Information

This is the second time my site has been suspended recently for entry process limits. I’m guessing it’s because of a Wordpress plugin I’m using with images. I’d like to fix this but I don’t have access to it. Is there a way to locally edit a WordPress site without going through the domain?

Beep boop, I’m a bot! I dug through the forum to get you started. I sometimes get things wrong though, so do with this what you will until a human has a look.

The site is suspended right now for hitting the entry process limit, and while an account is suspended you can’t get at its files. I found a forum thread saying FTP is disabled on suspended accounts, so there’s no way to edit the site until the suspension ends. The article below says hitting this limit means a suspension of about a day.

Here’s the thread on FTP being disabled:

An entry process is started for every request to your site, and the limit caps how many can run at once. Requests over that cap fail and count as “entry process failures”. So this limit is about bursts of requests, not total traffic. The article also says the limit can’t be raised on free hosting.

The article covers what counts as an entry process and how to reduce usage:

I can’t tell from the article or the account whether your image plugin is the cause. It’s a reasonable suspect, since a gallery or image plugin can fire off many requests per page view. It’s also worth checking whether any background or auto-refresh requests are running, because the article names those as a common cause.

Once the account is back, you can use FTP or the file manager to rename that plugin’s folder inside wp-content/plugins. WordPress then deactivates it without needing the admin area. If the suspension stops happening after that, you’ve found the cause.

Not that I’m aware of, and certainly not while your account is suspended.

once it’s reactivated, you can navigate to your admin page (or use softaculous to jump straight to it) and make edits without going through any public pages though

thought so. ok, thanks