Account being temporarily suspended again and again with 0 visits

Username:

epiz_24457112

Error Message:

Your InfinityFree account **epiz_24457112 ** has been temporarily suspended.

Your account exceeded the daily limits of your service. InfinityFree monitors the CPU, memory and hits usage (among others) of your account and temporarily deactivates your website if the limit is hit.

Your account will be reactivated automatically after 24 hours. For more information about why your account is suspended, check the client area.

Other Information:

Website has from 0 to 1 views (my own), so how is this possible!? It is not. It’s a bug or tricky method to funnel premium users. Not in the right way at all. I wanted to go premium after finishing the website and gaining traffic, which is impossible as the website is down all the time and so is its CMS.

Please provide a solid fix and clarification as the case is a no-no for other potential future users, and I would not hesitate to share it, as sharing is caring.

CPU limits have nothing to do with the amount of visitors on your website. If you are only getting suspended for over CPU use, this guide should be able to help you out.

Even article mention says it does:
"

• The number of pages viewed by the visitor.
  • The exact pages being viewed by the visitor.
  • The CPU power the server needs to serve the pages being viewed (i.e. website software and configuration).
    "

But what is more important IMO is, website has not been changed for a long time (no new plugins, any new code) and it was not reaching the limit, so why it does so now?

Sorry, I meant to add “in your case” to the end of this. If it was not hitting limits before, but is now, and nothing was added, I am going to assume (and I could be wrong) that you were right on the line of the CPU limit, and that the single visitor on your site did push you over (Which makes my earlier reply incorrect)? You might have to wait for Admin for a better reason why this happened like this.

2 Likes

What are you even doing that would exceed the CPU usage limit for 1 visit?

I do hope you aren’t doing machine learning or bitcoin mining (which isn’t allowed I think), because replit would be better for more “internal-program-related” things (Infinity Free is really only good for hosting websites).

3 Likes

Website is close to blog, it hosts archiwe of photos, few videos and search plugin. That’s all.

Huh.

Like GreenReader said, I can’t help you there, and admin probably knows more about this than I do

1 Like

Your account is suspended for hitting the IO limits. That’s a metric that’s primarily affected by reading and writing a lot of data to the hosting storage.

And with a bit of code, that’s very easy to do all on your own. Again, it’s an IO limit. It’s not a visitor limit. If it was, we would call it that.

For resource limits, we only keep counters per account per day. I would love to tell you that visitor X on page Y triggered script Z which caused the suspension, but we simply don’t have that data.

So I can’t give you a fix or a clarification. If there was a straight forward explanation and solution, we would have sent it to you along with the first suspension notice.

All we can give you is an educated guess based on what’s running on the account and what you’re doing with it. If you could describe that, maybe we can provide some pointers. But remember, they are just guesses.

If you want to try premium hosting, then try premium hosting.

To quote the home page of our website:

Is InfinityFree a demo, trial or sample for premium hosting?

Absolutely not! InfinityFree is fully featured, completely free website hosting. We provide promotional offers for alternative, premium services for people looking for more, but their services are very different. InfinityFree is not a representation of these offers.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.