Access denied

Hi Villegas,

As you have mentioned about never seeing the site online, I suspect it has never been uploaded to the right place to begin with. Have you placed the website under the htdocs folder instead of root?

The index file is responsible for displaying content for that directory, there should be one more at the very top of your site, that should exist inside htdocs folder of your FTP account.

When the file does not exist, the server does not know what to present and denies the request for security reasons.

Cheers!

2 Likes

http://villegasweb.infinityfreeapp.com/

Here is the link to my page, all the files are within the corresponding folder.

I just checked your website, and I am getting a 403. Could you screenshot your htdocs folder?

5 Likes

Well, I think I’ve found the problem! Please note that Linux servers are case-sensitive, so don’t expect the server to find your Index.html file. You can either rename it all lowercase (so index.html), or put this in a .htaccess file you create inside the htdocs folder:

DirectoryIndex Index.html

Like so the index page will show up.

9 Likes

Also

8 Likes

I made the changes and my page still does not appear, here is the link again

http://villegasweb.infinityfreeapp.com/

When I check your site now, I see a message saying “403 Access denied”.

For general info about this error, please see this article:

For your site specifically, please take a look at the Domains page in the client area, and carefully check the Directory that your domain is linked to. And then please make sure that your website files are uploaded to the directory listed there.

7 Likes

all my files including my index are located in the folder called htdocs. Isn’t that supposed to be the address where my index should be located? I’m already a little desperate with this problem.

admin wants to tell you to see if there is a directory with this name

villegasweb.infinityfreeapp.com
and in it the htdocs folder

and not just the first htdocs

7 Likes

look

here I send you another photo

Now check if you have that folder on your File Manager. If you don’t you’ll have to create with the File Manager outside of the htdocs folder a folder with name villegasweb.infinityfreeapp.com, then move the htdocs folder inside that folder you created. Like so your website will start working.

5 Likes

where you were (in your screenshot) you have a button on the right,
click on it (orange button) and see if you have files at all at that address

3 Likes

I touch this button

this comes out directly

That’s because you deleted the folder you need to use.

Create a new folder (OUTSIDE the htdocs folder) and call it “villegasweb.infinityfreeapp.com”. Open that folder, and create a new one inside of it called “htdocs”. The MOVE (Don’t copy) your files from the old htdocs folder to the one you just created.

5 Likes

Thanks for the advice, my website is now online. But I notice that some photos or effects on my page do not load correctly or load incompletely. Is it normal for this to happen at first? Will it be fixed?

All images seem to work fine for me. Try clearing your browser cache; if that does not work, can you be a bit more specific on what images/effects you expect to see, and what you get instead?

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.