404 - File or directory not found

I was rebuilding my website.
www.koksalgurkan.com

For that, I went through the following steps:

1. Changed my dns for epizy. (ns1.epizy.com, ns2.epizy.com, ns3.byet.org, ns4.byet.org)
2. Deleted all information in my old account.
3. Deactivated the old account.
4. Created a new account.
5. Added my domain.
6. Used softaculous to install wordpress with proper info.
7. Saw the green check for the installation.

Then, when I tried to open my website nothing appeared and wp-admin page returned the 404 page.

I need to fix this problem as soon as possible.

Edit: I redirected to my other website until it is fixed.

You can use epizy.com or byet.org nameservers, it doesn’t matter so much what you want but do not mix nameserver sets. Choose byet.org or epizy.com and use only that domain.

Could you please move it back to our hosting? It’s hard to fix an issue if you’re hiding the symptoms.

1 Like

I removed the byet dns and I canceled the forwarding just after your message.

Thank you, I see the domain is pointing to our servers again.

I also try to check your wp-admin, but I was redirected to the login page as normal. So the wp-admin seems to be working. Do you still see the 404 error?

I did see a 404 error before, but that error was generated by your other website/server, not by the WordPress site hosted with us.

1 Like

A little bit after my reply, I checked my website without doing anything, somehow it came without any problem. I thought that you did something at the back. But now I see that you didn’t do anything either.

It turned out a mistery problem.

However, even if I can login and work at my wp-admin panel, I frequently face different connection problems:

Error reconnecting to the database

This means that we lost contact with the database server at sql304.byetcluster.com . This could mean your host’s database server is down.

• Are you sure the database server is running?
  • Are you sure the database server is not under particularly heavy load?

If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at sql304.byetcluster.com . This could mean your host’s database server is down.

• Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
  • Are you sure you have typed the correct hostname?
  • Are you sure the database server is running?

If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

How can I solve these and go on without being disrupted?

Database connection stability is a known issue. We’re working on it and should be able to fix this in the coming weeks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.