404 Error on WordPress for all pages except admin and homepage

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently experiencing a 404 error issue with my WordPress site hosted on Infinity Free. The error occurs when trying to access any page on the site, except for the admin pages and the homepage.

I have already verified that my permalinks are correctly set up. Additionally, I have disabled all plugins and switched to a default theme to troubleshoot the problem, but the issue persists. Interestingly, I do not encounter this problem when testing the site locally.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions you may have to resolve this issue. Could there be any specific configuration or settings that I might be missing? Have other users faced a similar problem with Infinity Free?

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I look forward to any guidance or advice you can provide.

www.onlyfart.me

Hi and welcome to the forum! I think the .htaccess file from WordPress got deleted somehow; that’s why permalinks won’t work. Either try to disable them from the WordPress settings for permalinks and then enable them again, or try to create a .htaccess file inside your domain’s htdocs folder (new hosting accounts will find it on htdocs, but when adding a domain on an existing hosting account it’ll be yourdomain/htdocs) with this content:

# BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

# END WordPress
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.