404 Error after creation of site

Hi. I had created an account to use the free hosting service. I had bought my domain from some other place but changed the name servers to ns1.infinityfree .com and ns2.infinityfree .com I waited a reasonable time to allow for propagation but after two weeks, I still get a 404 error.

I tried creating a custom .htaccess file but still I get the error. The site in question is: https://www.technokhansimple.co.ke/

Did you check this article already?

I checked your account, but the directory of your domain is missing. Your domain is linked to the directory technokhansimple.co.ke/htdocs, but this directory does not exist. Please create it yourself and upload your files to it to make your site work.

4 Likes

Yes i did read the article and the htdocs directory seems to be there when I check in the file manger (Monsta).

That’s the root htdocs directory. The directory you should be looking for is technokhansimple.co.ke/htdocs, so an htdocs directory inside a technokhansimple.co.ke folder.

Given that it doesn’t exist, you’ll need to create it, and then move content from the current htdocs folder to the new one.

3 Likes

Oh okay. It works now thank you very much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.