20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

Ah, I see now! I didn’t recognize the flags but I realized if I hold down on them I can see the name.

Anyway, in about 11 minutes I will be testing for midterms in Drivers Education, so, wish me luck!

6 Likes

Good luck!

5 Likes

I took the test… and it didn’t go well. There were 200 questions in the test and we were only given an hour and thirty-seven(ish) minutes to complete it. I only got 53.5% of the way through and had to guess on the remaining 46.5% of the test.

6 Likes

try not to sing
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz_N74Ooxih/

8 Likes

9 Likes

I don’t know what I would do without AI! It has helped me debug so many errors and is very convenient. For example, today I was making a method inside of a class and wanted to sort an array a certain way but couldn’t figure out how because I was too stupid to figure out how to use usort and Bing helped me!

I did write most of the logic myself but Bing helped me optimize it by using array_map instead of 3 for and foreach loops.

6 Likes

I’m only doing stuff in 1080p.

The thing is that a lot of the stuff I do takes up memory fast. I’ve run into memory problems a couple of times before, enough for it to be a valid nuisance.

Yep. To be fair, 32 GB would probably been enough. I already bought the 64 GB though (I can return it, so I’ll see the policy and whether or not I can try it out). I definitely want to try training some ML/AI models, which can very easily go over 32 GB. Same with video editing, which I do sometimes.

Music production can eat up ram, too… but I haven’t had too much of a problem with that (yet).

5 Likes

Hello :wave:

5 Likes

RAM - recommended 8 for arma 3

this is probably happening to you (or some other variant where it just swallows RAM and does not release it)

7 Likes

Well, I have quite a bit of intensive mods installed. The map I had trouble with is very detailed and the overall effects of explosions, dust, etc definitely put quite a strain on things. Plus, this happened mostly when I was in a city on one of the maps.
Simulation games can take up a lot of RAM, especially when you turn up the quality of the graphics.

5 Likes

Yes, as soon as mods are allowed, you can expect a non-optimized game and memory leaks

here you have an instruction that you can try when the game slows down again

https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/172qp3c/arma_3_fps_drop_after_a_couple_hours_of_playing/

8 Likes

At 5pm today, i lost access to my bbc news Livestream. Now i have 3 options. Deal with it and stop watching, use vpn every time i wanna watch, or use a proxy but realized i don’t know how do i set it up and it’s not allowed here :face_exhaling:

6 Likes

Best option for you if you still want to watch

6 Likes

I have satellite TV in my house, so when I want to watch BBC News (the global feed) I can without any VPN! The only disadvantages are that you have to have a satellite dish, make sure the satellite you’ll point to has that channel in a transponder and also make sure that that channel is free-to-air.

7 Likes

Back from “being in my own world”, how is everyone doing?

8 Likes

:rofl:

6 Likes

https://vs-hls-push-ww-live.akamaized.net/x=4/i=urn:bbc:pips:service:bbc_news_channel_hd/mobile_wifi_main_sd_abr_v2.m3u8
I found this so I can relax :slight_smile:

I thought its free to air because it’s funded by advertising instead :thinking:

6 Likes

On some satellites/terrestrial relays it might be encrypted as it might be included as part of a TV package… At least on Hot Bird 13F/G and on Astra 19.2 it’s free-to-air; on the latter one it’s also in HD, but those satellites can only be received in Europe…

6 Likes

Follow-up! I made a small change in the logo alignment in the navbar on my website; now it’s perfectly centered.

5 Likes

:+1:

items in the menu (hamburger - mobile) are too close to each other, so it is difficult to tap with your finger
so try something like this

Screenshot 2023-12-22 193455

7 Likes