20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

That also works and is a better approach. Thanks!

8 Likes

You’re most welcomed :+1:

7 Likes

I want it :sob:
25 unread, nice
Also, all green on pagespeed! :relieved:

6 Likes

I think CodeWhisperer is going crazy.

Great!

7 Likes

This will be fun

Yep - That is all I am going to post :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nice

This means CloudFlare registered domains can be used on free hosting as well

7 Likes

Sadly for adding domain to existing account only. Not when creating new account or as a parked domain :frowning:

5 Likes

At least we can see improvement

7 Likes

Since there is no announcement on the Byet forums about it yet, I have hope this will be improved. As mentioned on the article, it seems like the current version is an early access release, so the limitations should hopefully be overcome in the “final edition”:

8 Likes

Guess I’m screwed

5 Likes

Hi TiffanyLynch,

It’s already good enough for daily usage.
Maybe one can simply register a dummy sub-doman and bind a real domain to it as a new hosting account.

Cheers!

6 Likes

You can skip the “maybe” part. I specifically listed that as an option in the guide.

The parked domains thing is more annoying because there is no workaround. And I think that’s still being worked on. Having CNAME support for account creation is just not in the cards, and it’s no problem because it’s so easy to work around it by using a temporary free subdomain.

6 Likes

Is there some secret data encrypted inside?
It looks like hex and MD5

at first I thought it was some random (which may contain time/date + something else)
but whenever I type the same domain it returns the same string (CNAME)
so it is somehow related to the domain name (it’s the same when I try to add it to another hosting acc).

6 Likes

They use some kind of secret that they wont tell (they scare its going to be abused smh). The hashes are static for one domain, across accounts and even across resellers. Ive tried my luck at some simple brute forcing, however havent been lucky.

EDIT: Its regular md5.

6 Likes

@Admin after trying my luck with cracking the hash, I asked iFastNet if they could add an API endpoint to get the hash. Surprise - they did.

3 Likes

I didn’t notice until now, what an interesting observation!

Please refrain from @'ing Admin, thanks!

5 Likes

Well considering his own implementation was kind of… not too good (it left out some <br>s lol) this might actually be interesting for him.

3 Likes

Yes, iFastNet told me earlier today they have an endpoint for it now. I’m not quite sure how to best use it, but I’ll make sure to add it to my API client too.

What do you mean by this?

Are you referring to the HTML tags appearing in the CNAME record? I already fixed that a couple of days ago, and the issue only appeared because my original code was built against a previous version of the control panel page which had a slightly different page markup where the previous extraction logic didn’t have this issue.

I guess you could say something about my code not being resilient enough, but all I need to change was a single line of code to adjust it.

6 Likes

Yup, didn’t know the forum would actually render that ;D

5 Likes

but I have already used it to stand and act as a clock in the room .
I don’t know what else I would need it for…

I’m kidding - I used the old tablet and installed an app (search for = big clock digital) and now I have a nice clock, alarm and if necessary, a weather forecast.

7 Likes