20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

I spent the whole day adjusting my presets in the guitar app - reason…the new motherboard (with a new sound card) so everything is different :upside_down_face:

and then with all that the guitar string broke and got between my fingers, it totally confused me for a moment ( tilt…wtf happened? ) :sweat:
I somehow managed to tie the broken string, and later I tested it a little…

please choose HD or 4K and use headphones - you will hear an additional 30% that cannot be heard otherwise :joy:

6 Likes

I really should learn to play some instruments :sob:

BTW, have you tried out Codeium? It has pretty decent VS Code integration. Yeah, you have to sign up on their site, but it’s pretty cool. (Also, no request limits iirc, at least for the non-beta feature, that is, GPT-4)

6 Likes

In a way you play all the instruments when you have FL Studio :slight_smile: so don’t minimize that fact :slight_smile:

I have a problem when I play light things because, as you have heard, I have muscle memory for the reason that otherwise I play fast solo things when I need to kick the string like crazy and do something quickly, and then with gentle light things it happens that I have to fight with myself and try to cancel that muscle memory… and it’s also difficult to play live with a delay that has more than three echoes, because I have to control that echo by choosing the strength with which I will strike the strings, I also have to control its duration so that I don’t jump out of rhythm, that I don’t hear an echo that goes to another section, I have to choose the notes that I will emphasize in that echo so that not everything is copied and repeated… basically it’s like I’m playing three guitars at the same time.

They are quite similar :+1: but Cody has Code search
in the sense that, for example, you open a folder in VS Code (that’s where your project is)
and then you can ask the AI something like “where did I define the XY function”
or ask AI to create an API for your entire project and similar actions…

It is very useful when you have 50+ files and hundreds of lines of code in each, so the AI immediately finds what you are interested in

That means Cody has insight into your entire project, not just the currently active file

8 Likes

Happy Birthday @ChrisPAR

8 Likes

Love it. It removes so much of his credibility too by having a pile of emojis right before saying something serious :joy:

However, you forgot the cupcake, so I added it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Can I keep the title? :joy:
Thank you so much! It’s a shame Sydney rejected my proposal, but it wasn’t accompanied by a ring so I understand. I’ll be paying a visit to my local jewellery shop as soon as possible to get a fine one :ring:.

Oh I don’t know, I’d trust a person with emojis in their title more over “MVP+ Expert | Full-stack Website Developer With 20+ Years of Experience | Certified CompTIA A++ Professional | {Insert X Company} Verified” any day.

Thank you! Now can I eat it, or do I have to wait for a candle to be put on it?

I'm happy this isn't my birthday gift 😂
7 Likes

you do, but here you go!

:candle::candle::candle:

Oh, you want another gift? Granted!

(Why are you using the tan background? That is ugly!)

EDIT: Just gave myself a gift on your birthday. Suspending that account made me find a bug that cased emails to not get sent when accounts are permanetly suspended. Fixed it, so now I am going to reactivate and suspend your account again. Consider those extra emails an extra special gift :smile:

EDIT2: Proof I am capable of fixing bugs:

6 Likes

Happy birthday!! I almost forgot it due to being busy.

8 Likes

All the best wishes for this day

7 Likes

はい、 お誕生日おめでとう、クリスパール!!! (@ChrisPAR)!

Just got back from Japanese class for PSEO

So does Codeium!

But yeah, cody sounds pretty useful, too. I just found Codeium first, and it had no limits or anything so I was hooked.

6 Likes

Happy birthday @ChrisPAR!

6 Likes

Happy birthday @ChrisPAR :partying_face:

6 Likes

Is it really free? And is it another mofh reseller :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m gonna reply “it is” for both of these, though I never tried it…

4 Likes

Thank you, you came up with a good idea and the purple color is cool

Unfortunately not - it will only be active for 24 hours (UTC) as a special occasion for your birthday

otherwise, it would open Pandora’s box and then there would be requests from others wanting :smiling_imp: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull: :clown_face: or something else

even with this, I risked that the admin would hate me even more :joy:
and the forum should be uniform where the focus is on the content and not on the appearance of a user and his title.

4 Likes

Yes and yes. I don’t advertise it here and try to black out the domain here whenever possible for obvious reasons. Don’t want to set a bad example for breaking the rules lol

Thank your OS, not me (But thanks for thanking me anyways)

6 Likes

If you want to test it out I would love your feedback!

5 Likes

Old but… :smile:

turn on CC (if you don’t understand something but some words are misspelled)

3 Likes

:wind_face:

I should be more careful with my posts now…
I personally liked the tan background, I thought you knew that as I had mentioned it on Discord if I’m not mistaken :wink:.

Glad to hear that my birthday gift helped you fix a nasty bug!

I tend to forget things too, especially when I’m busy, so no worries there :sweat_smile:. Thank you!

Thank you so much!

Thanks! Now you make me want to get into learning a new language again (especially since none of my translators seem to get the text right).

Thank you!
If I’m not mistaken, yours is also approaching us fastly?

Thank you :tada:

I’ll eventually need to try at least one of the two if not both, I’m currently still stuck on “beta-testing” Copilot :stuck_out_tongue: (not using it that actively though).

Aww - I completely understand, it’s going to be fun while it lasts :smiley:

I feel extremely honored that you took such a great risk for me. :saluting_face:

I completely agree with this, although the side of me that enjoys customization wouldn’t have minded a custom title feature. At least it never existed here from the start, so you can’t be sad for something you never had (cough Byet forums cough). This also prevents the “Most Knowledgeable Person In This Forum” examples I shared above.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes, and I wish you all the best as well!

6 Likes

It’ll come in 11 days!

5 Likes