20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

Why do I keep getting ADS about dating women on this forum?

6 Likes

Probably random, because I donā€™t believe that Google has your ID unless you are often here via mobile phone so that it knows your interests.
And if it was dating men, then you wouldnā€™t protest, huh? :smile:

Iā€™ve been testing various AIs for VS Code for the past few days

and I decided to keep this one (seems smart enough)

The first reason is simple integration
no hassles like linking with GitHub, creating accounts on XY websites and the likeā€¦

the next reason is that it offers a sufficient number of daily REQs
1,000 completion requests per day
50 for some other actions, such as right-clicking on some code ā†’ ā€œeditā€ and giving it a bigger actionā€¦
e.g. you select some code and right-click select code from the menu and select, for example, ā€œeditā€
and write ā€œoptimize and improve itā€
and then Cody tries to improve your code

also offers code description, documentation creation, code smell, etc.

Code smell is interesting because it examines your code and suggests what you can improve (from for example SEO for HTML, CSS and of course all the way to JS, PHP and other languages)

In addition, you have an additional window for chatting with AI

Also while writing code it offers you various things in the form of code completion
or you can write in the comment ā€œmake a blue button that does this and thatā€ (thatā€™s just a banal example - it can do a lot more).

6 Likes

Iā€™d be surprised because I have almost never seen ADS where men are used as advertisnent material.
Except for that one black friday AD here back to 2019 which lives in my head rent free.
But hey, I donā€™t really mind seeing cute chicks here on occassion. I only find it weird as I never look these things up online, especially dating women.

7 Likes
Dramatic story regarding my PC

So I left my PC alone for weeks as I wanted to focus on myselfā€¦ She did not complain so I wonā€™t be upsetā€¦ But god knows what was going on in her CPU memoryā€¦ She probably suffered a lot of bad sectors due to meā€¦

One day, I tried to turn her on so I could have a fun time with herā€¦ Until I realized that she did not turn her screen on to see meā€¦ It was the time to realize that she was hard brickenā€¦ And died as she could not handle the hard failureā€¦

I was on my knees that dayā€¦ I felt the greatest loneliness ever as I could not stand this as a terminally online personā€¦ I was in tearsā€¦ I regret not spending more time with herā€¦ I miss when she communicated with me in morse code using her HDD activity lightingā€¦ This is all on meā€¦

She was barely 16ā€¦ Did not even make it to 18ā€¦ she could have reached the legal age of dump-that-shit-in-dumpster-and-buy-a-new-pc otherwiseā€¦

I gonna be guilty foreverā€¦

6 Likes

Iā€™ve gone from getting mad at PHP functions (By using them incorrectly), to reaching the new all-time low of taking 5 minutes to figure out why this HTML was not working:

<form action="https://xxxx.tinkerhost.net/index.php&action=Login" method="post">
		<input type="hidden" name="email" value="[email protected]">
		<input type="password" name"xxxx" value="xxxxx">
		<button type="submit">Login</button>

Oh yeah, I am also missing the closing form tag (Which I just realized when writing this post - that did not exactly help either).

I knew the ā€œpasswordā€ was not sending in the request, and that it appeared colored wrong in dev tools (So I knew something was wrong) - but it took my the entirety of 5 minutes to realize I was missing a single stupid f****** = sign.

Programming is so much fun

AHH! I canā€™t even call it programming - HTML is a markup language. How do you fail so badly in a markup lanugage?

9 Likes

Do you not use some type of IDE which prevents you from making such mistakes?

6 Likes

Well that specific piece was within a PHP echo statement, so there was no color coding or anything like that.

But I did look in dev tools and notice something was off with that line, I just could not figure out what it was for the life of me.

5 Likes

Should have asked me, phpstorm wouldnā€™t let me commit your code unless it had the closing tag!

4 Likes

Fair enough, I have not faced such thing since I started using Laravel. I forget that people put html tags inside echo statement.

5 Likes

I really do try to avoid it, but for short stuff (like the above), I just do it. Doesnā€™t always end well though, as shown

6 Likes

I spent the whole day adjusting my presets in the guitar app - reasonā€¦the new motherboard (with a new sound card) so everything is different :upside_down_face:

and then with all that the guitar string broke and got between my fingers, it totally confused me for a moment ( tiltā€¦wtf happened? ) :sweat:
I somehow managed to tie the broken string, and later I tested it a littleā€¦

please choose HD or 4K and use headphones - you will hear an additional 30% that cannot be heard otherwise :joy:

6 Likes

I really should learn to play some instruments :sob:

BTW, have you tried out Codeium? It has pretty decent VS Code integration. Yeah, you have to sign up on their site, but itā€™s pretty cool. (Also, no request limits iirc, at least for the non-beta feature, that is, GPT-4)

6 Likes

In a way you play all the instruments when you have FL Studio :slight_smile: so donā€™t minimize that fact :slight_smile:

I have a problem when I play light things because, as you have heard, I have muscle memory for the reason that otherwise I play fast solo things when I need to kick the string like crazy and do something quickly, and then with gentle light things it happens that I have to fight with myself and try to cancel that muscle memoryā€¦ and itā€™s also difficult to play live with a delay that has more than three echoes, because I have to control that echo by choosing the strength with which I will strike the strings, I also have to control its duration so that I donā€™t jump out of rhythm, that I donā€™t hear an echo that goes to another section, I have to choose the notes that I will emphasize in that echo so that not everything is copied and repeatedā€¦ basically itā€™s like Iā€™m playing three guitars at the same time.

They are quite similar :+1: but Cody has Code search
in the sense that, for example, you open a folder in VS Code (thatā€™s where your project is)
and then you can ask the AI something like ā€œwhere did I define the XY functionā€
or ask AI to create an API for your entire project and similar actionsā€¦

It is very useful when you have 50+ files and hundreds of lines of code in each, so the AI immediately finds what you are interested in

That means Cody has insight into your entire project, not just the currently active file

8 Likes

Happy Birthday @ChrisPAR

8 Likes

Love it. It removes so much of his credibility too by having a pile of emojis right before saying something serious :joy:

However, you forgot the cupcake, so I added it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Can I keep the title? :joy:
Thank you so much! Itā€™s a shame Sydney rejected my proposal, but it wasnā€™t accompanied by a ring so I understand. Iā€™ll be paying a visit to my local jewellery shop as soon as possible to get a fine one :ring:.

Oh I donā€™t know, Iā€™d trust a person with emojis in their title more over ā€œMVP+ Expert | Full-stack Website Developer With 20+ Years of Experience | Certified CompTIA A++ Professional | {Insert X Company} Verifiedā€ any day.

Thank you! Now can I eat it, or do I have to wait for a candle to be put on it?

I'm happy this isn't my birthday gift šŸ˜‚
7 Likes

you do, but here you go!

:candle::candle::candle:

Oh, you want another gift? Granted!

(Why are you using the tan background? That is ugly!)

EDIT: Just gave myself a gift on your birthday. Suspending that account made me find a bug that cased emails to not get sent when accounts are permanetly suspended. Fixed it, so now I am going to reactivate and suspend your account again. Consider those extra emails an extra special gift :smile:

EDIT2: Proof I am capable of fixing bugs:

6 Likes

Happy birthday!! I almost forgot it due to being busy.

8 Likes

All the best wishes for this day

7 Likes

ćÆ恄态 恊čŖ•ē”Ÿę—„恊悁恧ćØ恆态ć‚ÆćƒŖć‚¹ćƒ‘ćƒ¼ćƒ«ļ¼ļ¼ļ¼ (@ChrisPAR)!

Just got back from Japanese class for PSEO

So does Codeium!

But yeah, cody sounds pretty useful, too. I just found Codeium first, and it had no limits or anything so I was hooked.

6 Likes