20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

Hi Ziverre,

I don’t know, I didn’t check which of the numbers do not exist in the post feed. Missing post numbers or post ID not matching the total is a hint to some post being deleted.

5 Likes

Ah right, I don’t remember if posts have been deleted here though.

4 Likes

For @Admin when he comes

Protected Dir / privacy

I think that by default, your script should put the Options +Indexes code in .htaccess
because otherwise, it makes no sense because it leads to 403 (because the server no longer displays the dir listing by default)

or make a checkbox in the options for protected dir that will be ON by default, unless someone really doesn’t want to have a dir listing, so let them remove the tick manually.

why Failed directory privacy - #4 by Oxy

8 Likes

Yeah, some of the posts were moved to an alternate topic to help avoid the Discourse maximum post count. When those posts were moved, their ‘id’ in this topic did not change, so new posts have later ‘ids’.

7 Likes

She is supposed to “protect” me, but since I am sensitive to cats, I actually follow and protect her :roll_eyes: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I disagree. Options +Indexes being disabled by default was a good idea, because it being enabled by default led to many people accidentally exposing sensitive files/folders without being aware that they are doing so. If someone wants to display a directory listing, they should find the option themselves.

The 403 article covers it, so anyone facing an issue should just have a look at the knowledge base:

Besides, I don’t think having a directory listing by default makes sense in website hosting. That behavior is usually met in HTTP versions of FTP servers, where files are being listed so you can easily access and download them. A website shouldn’t need to direct the visitor to a directory listing to display content.

6 Likes

iFastNet developed a simple version of phpinfo that tells the version, website URL, and htdocs path.

My own phpinfo simply bricked without telling what happened, I have display_errors on.

4 Likes

So phpinfo is now disabled entirely, replaced with a simplified one.

4 Likes

Where is that?

2 Likes

Have a PHP file with phpinfo() on it.

4 Likes

Oh, I see…
Very strange, but it’s better than nothing or a broken function, I suppose.

I assume they use phpversion() to fetch the version?

5 Likes

Double checking now, be right back.

4 Likes

They used at least a new function since they disabled the default one; at least they used a functionality from PHP 8 for once!

4 Likes

Looks like phpversion() didn’t work either. Fixed a typo, same result.

5 Likes

But well, I think they hardcoded the PHP version again in that file…

Anyway, phpinfo() got disabled on vol9_5, as my page is empty while still returning 200.

4 Likes

but the SUPER SIMPLE echo didn’t work too.

4 Likes

Oh well… PHP is broken again!

4 Likes

How unique!

7 Likes

It actually is:

Someone saw this before:

4 Likes

Now they didn’t close the open square bracket!

4 Likes