20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

Looks like phpversion() didn’t work either. Fixed a typo, same result.

5 Likes

But well, I think they hardcoded the PHP version again in that file…

Anyway, phpinfo() got disabled on vol9_5, as my page is empty while still returning 200.

4 Likes

but the SUPER SIMPLE echo didn’t work too.

4 Likes

Oh well… PHP is broken again!

4 Likes

How unique!

7 Likes

It actually is:

Someone saw this before:

4 Likes

Now they didn’t close the open square bracket!

4 Likes

3 Likes

PHP is fixed now, the custom phpinfo() included memory_limit, upload_max_filesize, and max_execution_time. But still, my own phpinfo is better :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Poorly executed PHP upgrade.
See the number of posts regarding E500

6 Likes

I think they only need to close the open curly bracket on their override file and they’re set!

4 Likes

It crashed again…

4 Likes

Don’t tell me they made another mistake in their override file… I’m just trying to enable display errors to show it but I can’t see it!

4 Likes

I don’t think you understood my post

I’m not talking about web hosting, I’m talking about the protected dir function from CA
which exists and precisely serves to protect some dir with user and password…
and when someone enters the correct access data, they should see the contents of the directory
otherwise, what is the use of this function if someone has to have an index file in order not to get a 403… and if they have an index file, then they cannot see the other files.

6 Likes

php_uname is disabled. I have a long rant that probably make me banned from here if I send it. And I have a tiny sized brain.

PRIVATE, TESTING, SERVER. IMAGINE MODIFYING STUFF STRAIGHT IN PRODUCTION.
I’m really angry

5 Likes

OK, now I need to talk. I understand they feel the need to override most functions (or disable them for safety reasons), but why do they even need to break their override file when on these servers there are hundreds if not thousands of websites… EVEN IN PRODUCTION!? Those websites even break… Just because of a simple thing they have to fix!

Why don’t they test things first as well on a server without hundreds or thousands of websites in there? I understand they need to roll it out as soon as possible, and I’ve even got a test website, so it doesn’t mind me as much as websites already in production!

I absolutely agree with you there!

5 Likes

Yes we have rollout system before deploying. However it will always not be perfect, some edge cases can only be fixed in place since we can’t reproduce some of the situations.

• iFastNet Support

That’s after one argument later. I understand why phpinfo is replaced. Never reveal sensitive info that’s not even useful for normal users. :ice_cube:

5 Likes

It seems more and more to me that only one person is in charge of all servers and php upgrades because then it is understandable to me that problems or omissions occur and that this person is actually due to lack of time and too much work and a bunch of different software and hardware that further complicating the situation, it simply fails to test everything…and it is also clearer why it took so long for the new version of custom PHP.

But if it’s all teamwork, then there is a lot of lack of cooperation or courage of individuals who will say “this is not right here and this should be this way or that way” instead of just nodding their heads and they don’t really care… all the blame will be on the team leader.

7 Likes

@ifastnet What are you even doing?

6 Likes

I could also help in fixing the servers, but since I’m in vacation I can’t do it…

4 Likes