20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

I can also see this tool in my sidebar so I suppose it is some customization tool for yourself only.

But the privilleged users should be able to save it globally :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m curious to know if our @leaders have the ability to save globally…

4 Likes

I’m confused. What is this and where is it on the forum?

1 Like

You are able to create your very own sections that is invisible to other users.

After observing Oxy’s screenshot carefully, I finally figured out that mods have the option to save globally :joy:

4 Likes

No

7 Likes

I believe

should be changed to

[OBSOLETE] How to get a custom domain from Freenom with SSL and CloudFlare

This is going obsolete as well

6 Likes

Leaders can’t change the title? I thought you could :thinking:

4 Likes

Did I ever do that?

5 Likes

Well, no :melting_face:

4 Likes

Moderators are there for a reason…

6 Likes

There were so many posts to like that I already exceeded my daily like limit! I can like again in some minutes!

8 Likes

It seems to be. I can’t find any options that control who can set custom sections, and I wouldn’t expect moderators to be capable of editing that.

The FAQ link is gone now. The docs one cannot be deleted for some reason, it’s not in the editor and the option to have it in the top menu is also disabled.

5 Likes

And it seems to support external domains as well - because you added client area /.com
and not only that it is possible within the forum subdomain

So the moderator can link to something completely outside this forum :upside_down_face:

Custom menu - I don’t know if other users can add an external link for them
if they can do that, then they can host IF tools and have a link on the forum
instead of browser bookmarks (maybe it’s more convenient for someone).

5 Likes

Basically, the only two things this custom section supported is internal links and external links (If you really wanted to consider them as two things).
Currently I have a “Search” attached to my sidebar. It is a little bit more convenient as I don’t need to create a new tab first — But yeah, just a little bit.

7 Likes

done

thanks for the info - I later saw in your previous screenshot that you have Google, but I had already posted the question and did not edit it

8 Likes

Done. Also changed the name of this one:

[OBSOLETE] FreeNom, InfinityFree & CloudFlare

My guess is that the documentation extension force-added it. If you wanted, you could tack a backup of the configuration table (Or whatever it’s called) then try removing it directly from the DB (That is, if it’s even there, it may be programmatically added from, elsewhere).

7 Likes

Time for some clean-up!

This will (hopefully) make managing future updates easier

7 Likes

I think the server can be persuaded to return something with this (browser address bar)

185.27.134.114:443
185.27.134.114/aes.js

4 Likes

That at least works… But requests to / directly through :80 will get status code 444 anyway if accessed directly through IP…

5 Likes

It has become irritating when I see people recommend the OPs to upgrade to premium hosting for anything.
Need an up to date PHP version? Upgrade to premium hosting! (They probably took “updating as a linux user” too seriously) Node.js? Upgrade to the premium hosting as well!
Like my brother in Christ, those people are using free hosting for a reason (more understandable when themselves think about upgrading) and it is going to make them think that it is just a bait for a paid hosting.

I usually end up recommending people to try things either locally or on a VPS (having a basic knowledge of Linux is never gonna hurt) in case that they are learning how to do things on their own.
7 Likes