20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

Probably best to remove that button or replace it with a custom article.

Those are account dependent.

4 Likes

probably a link to https://forum.infinityfree.com/docs?category=17

as well as there are such links in some other cases on CP

4 Likes

So this is what YouTube had been recommending to me these days:

Not sure where it should be — maybe just let it here

2 Likes

Seems like hosting issue…???

4 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking.

topic: Hosting issue: Many sites are showing incorrect content

4 Likes

This also resulted in same page being displayed

5 Likes

or the files on the host got mixed up ,maybe due to moving to another newer server
or it could even be that there is a security flaw on WordPress or some plugin
so someone took advantage of the situation.

e.g. https://www.pluginvulnerabilities.com/2023/07/31/poor-security-of-really-simple-ssl-permits-anyone-to-see-what-known-vulnerabilities-are-on-a-website/

I don’t know if they are all WP or if there is also regular HTML.

6 Likes

There were so many topics today that I had to check when I became online again… I was busy with my dad as I was trying to program an universal A/C remote for an A/C brand not even listed on the manual they give, or listed with a Chinese manufacturer name instead anyway. The only thing that worked was the automatic scan by the “SET” button until I can eventually hear the A/C shut down.

4 Likes

chrispar missed the party again :slight_smile:

8 Likes

in my yard the black redstarts
Screenshot 2023-08-02 114302

started eating the elderberry

so they were painted inside :joy: (zoom for more details)

7 Likes

I came across this very randomly:

The account is correct but I don’t remember adding such subdomain to that account.
or is that the main domain?

4 Likes

Maybe it was the Main Domain the system generated while creating the hosting account. Anyway you should often visit the subdomains inside the hosting account to prevent further deactivation.

5 Likes

What’s the need for sending an email regarding deactivation of the main domain? It is not that anyone can access it anyway.

4 Likes

Why do we suggest to people that when they want to move WP/whatever to some other free subdomain

to do MOVE /CUT

when I think there is a simpler way…under the assumption that it is the same hosting acc !

The old address is, for example, oxytest.rf.gd

and we want to use the new address oxytest2.rf.gd
so then the first step is to create that new free subdomain that you want to use through the control panel
oxytest2.rf.gd (it also has the same IP as the others in the same hosting acc)

then we simply find old dir oxytest.rf.gd (via monsta FTP)
right click on that root directory and rename it to oxytest2.rf.gd
and the server will then look and pull the files from there

p.s. of course first of all - rename the new one to anything so that the two dirs do not have the same name

the only problem is… if it is the initial domain ( when creating the acc)
then it only has htdocs and not the domainname.tld/htdocs/

@Admin I am asking to make this"delete" button with double confirmation
e.g. modal/popup "are you sure?"
because currently one accidental click and it disappears
Screenshot 2023-08-03 205316

7 Likes

It’s not the main domain being deactivated, but the entire hosting account it’s associated with. The idea is that the email clearly tells you which account is affected by this, because a bunch of numbers from an account username aren’t very recognizable.

Of course, using the main domain’s we assign is less recognizable than the account username, because on here people never interact with their main domain.

The reason for this is that the “default” registration flow of the hosting platform involves the main domain being a real free subdomain you choose while creating the account. So the main domain is something you have entered yourself. The API-based flow works differently, adds the domain submitted with the create account call to the Addon Domains and puts an 8 character limit on the main subdomain. So generating a random value is the best way to create a user friendly account creation process.

This does of course make these emails a lot less useful, because of the unhelpful account identifier. But there is not a lot we can do about that, sadly.

That said, at the same time you received the email you showed here, you should have also received an email from InfinityFree directly which does actually contain your account username and label to help you identify the account.

Good idea! I’ll add it.

8 Likes

My experience today at hospital truly told me something. (There’s a lot of machines where you can check in, pay, and some other stuffs.)

There’s a kind of people that even if you slam the instructions right into their face, they still prefer their own way of doing something, and end up complaining about why it isn’t working. :joy:

Quite similar to this forum, right? :thinking:

6 Likes

It makes sense… I have never dealt with setting up a MOFH hosting so I thought it is assigned automatically. Good to know!

4 Likes

Screenshot 2023-08-04 210702

F2sqHOObsAALTE_

5 Likes

Funny.

• said by one from the 400,000Rials:1USD ratio country.
5 Likes

Welcome back @ChrisPAR! I hope you don’t disappear anymore after so many days now :joy:

Anyway, I’ll be having a driving test (practice) tomorrow morning. Wish me good luck!

6 Likes