20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

Partly due to xfce4, a light DE

7 Likes

Still wait
I was getting confused as it looks like openbox
And have a xfce4-terminal running on it

(Look at my edits and find this reply a bit more logical)

3 Likes

VirtualBox version seems dated

4 Likes

i only use openbox :v

it’s actually VirtualBox 5.2 ._.
Dated, yes

4 Likes

Consider these vm softwares:

VirtualBox 6.0 is the last version that supports Windows 7 as host although it might not make much change in ui
VMware Workstation Pro 11 is the last version that supports Windows 7, looks a little nicer that VirtualBox
VMware Workstation Player 7 should also support Windows 7, and it’s free

3 Likes

I also noticed that the Knowledge Base links if I were to copy-paste them now have embeds on this forum! For example this:

now shows up correctly and I don’t have to change the link to /t/{TOPIC_ID} for it to work, even though I used it until now!

I also noticed the new Softaculous button next to the File Manager’s button in the Client Area when you click on your hosting account, which is also a twist compared to the method of going into the Control Panel first to log into it, and the new function of adding a domain directly through the Client Area itself for a hosting account you have, which is still faulty because it doesn’t automatically create the document root… I could also create a new database from the “MySQL Databases” section of the Client Area and also manage it all - except some other things like DNS records and other things that for now are in the Control Panel itself - through one place!

6 Likes

Does InfinityFree use https://www.vultr.com/?

3 Likes

:person_shrugging:

Anyway, I’m still very happy of the new Client Area changes.

2 Likes

Follow-up just to say this:

Hi and welcome to the forum, @JoniDeev! Good to see you helping the guy that wasn’t being more specific in his queries!

3 Likes

be sure to zoom

we will have to edit the IF tools so that the BG color corresponds to the CA (for now the shade is different - almost imperceptible)

I don’t like that it says “Parked domain” here under yellow

4 Likes

I quote; it confuses the end user even more when they add the domain into an account without aliasing.

3 Likes

You didn’t notice the toolbar items in the screenshot? :innocent:

2 Likes

I did, but kept it for last. Time to make the change!

2 Likes

Follow-up! Here it is:

OxyDac-if-tools (1).html (11.5 KB)

Now with the new Client Area white theme shade!

3 Likes

Copied from meta - maybe it will be useful for someone, although our forum differs in some details

Trust Level Permissions

7 Likes

R***y by *mail

6 Likes

The couch surfing dog!

1 Like

There is no need to create a new separate topic for all the memes you post. Post them here instead, as this is better! Anyway… :rofl:

4 Likes

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/nixcraft/status/1686092141830066176?s=20
direct link, in case you don’t want to go thru twitter

3 Likes