WordPress Website Redirection Issue (ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Website URL

www.obondium.com

Error Description:

• Error: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Additional Information

Dear InfinityFree Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance with a critical issue I am experiencing with my WordPress website hosted on InfinityFree. My domain is encountering a redirection loop, resulting in the error message “ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS” when trying to access the site.

Website Details:

• Platform: WordPress
  • Plugins: None of the installed plugins are causing the issue (confirmed after troubleshooting).

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Checked Cloudflare SSL settings (Flexible SSL).
  • Cleared Cloudflare cache.
  • Cleared browser cache.
  • Verified DNS records in Cloudflare.
  • Checked InfinityFree server settings.
  • Reviewed Cloudflare Page Rules and .htaccess file for redirection issues.

Despite these efforts, the problem remains unresolved, and my website remains inaccessible to visitors.

I kindly request your prompt assistance in diagnosing and resolving this issue. Any guidance or support you can provide to identify the root cause and implement a solution would be greatly appreciated. If there are specific configurations on InfinityFree or Cloudflare that need adjustment for WordPress websites, please provide detailed instructions, and I will follow them diligently.

If additional information or access credentials are required to assist with the troubleshooting process, please do not hesitate to let me know. I am eager to resolve this issue promptly and appreciate your urgent attention to this matter.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I look forward to your prompt response.

Warm regards,

Derick Bond

Hi and welcome to the forum!

First of all, don’t use AI to write your messages; it can get really complicated to understand both for me and the others that way. I’ll flag your future posts with AI as we don’t want that in the forum. Also, don’t sign your posts.

Now, you’re using Cloudflare Flexible SSL, which needs some more steps to work properly with WordPress:

The easiest and fastest way to solve this is to configure a self-signed SSL certificate on your hosting account and use that with Cloudflare’s Full SSL mode, as in this article:

9 Likes

Am I only restricted to using the recommended self signed?

You can also use the other certificate issuers from the Free SSL Certificates tool to have a certificate that can get you to the “Full (strict)” SSL mode on Cloudflare.

3 Likes

How do they compare and what would I require for each of them. do they incur further steps?

All the providers other than the self-signed certificate have certificates that last for 90 days (or 1-2 days less than that) and will require a DNS verification, which you can do with ease by creating a CNAME record with as name the record name, as target the destination of the record and remembering to make the orange cloud grey to put the record to DNS Only, through the DNS section of the Cloudflare dashboard for your domain, then waiting a while for DNS changes to propagate, refreshing the certificate’s page, clicking on the “Request Certificate” button and waiting until the certificate gets issued to then install it either automatically through a click of a button or manually on your hosting account.

5 Likes

Thank You. All is solved!:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.