Wordpress install fails to install or update plugins

PhilMarlow78 or www.applewatchstrapshop.co.uk

(please specify the website or account you are asking about)

Error Message:

Installing Plugin: WooCommerce 4.2.0

Downloading installation package from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/woocommerce.4.2.0.zip…

Unpacking the package…

There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

(please share the FULL error message you see)

Other Information:

I’ve tried to install this above plugin (and others) but each time it timesout or fails to install. Please check the server.

Thanks.

(other information and details relevant to your question)

Hi there!.
Based on my experience, I am also currently experiencing installing plugins on wordpress. It has to do with php file upload limit implementations.
But I have solved it.
Instructions:
You can install the plugin manually in your file manager or FTP. Just extract woocommerce’s zip file to the plugins directory

The wordpress plugin directory is located here:
www.applewatchstrapshop.co.uk/wp-content/plugins

Then, activate it on your wordpress admin panel.
This will solve the issue.

1 Like

And also you may want to refer to this Knowledge Base article for more info:

This Knowledge Base article also contains some common solutions like what @JavesPotato provided you.

3 Likes

Thanks for the fast reply guys. I can confirm that DigibytechsOrg solution works just fine. While a bit of a long winded route to install plugins, hopefully this is just a temporary solution.

Thanks again.

Phil.

1 Like

It is because of InfinityFree file upload limits.

I think its a permanent solution for big plugins in Wordpress. You have nothing else to do but to extract to fix the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.