Wordpress Building while waiting 72 hours for DNS

I’m waiting the 72 hours for DNS to move over so I can see my site: https://makeitrainpls.xyz. In the meantime is there a way to access WP admin control panel to build the site while I’m waiting? I installed WP through infinity free.

Welcome to the forum!

You could try this to see your website faster:

6 Likes

Adding to what @YT_Xaos said, if that doesn’t work, you can also try to change the DNS resolvers to faster ones, like Cloudflare or Google DNS, which is also explained to the article he referred to.

4 Likes

Attempted all these things and a few I found in a YouTube video. Nothing has worked so far. I also tried to access via the IP for the website and it came up with an error.

leads to Bodis (parked service)

It seems that the server did not assign you an IP, but it still leads to Bodis

You can solve that by removing the domain from the system (hosting)
and you add it again (as an addon domain) - this will force the server to refresh the data and generate an IP

6 Likes

So, remove it from the domains section of infinityfree then add it again?

1 Like

Yes, exactly.

Keep in mind that, if this was the domain you signed up with, your website’s directory will change from htdocs to a newly created makeitrainpls.xyz/htdocs folder.
If you had not created anything on the old installation, I’d recommend creating a new one via Softaculous and deleting the old htdocs folder. If you have content, you can simply move the contents of the old htdocs folder to the new directory.

5 Likes

Ok. I took the recommended steps. And deleted and reinstalled WP. Is the IP address still showing the same issue? Or how do it check for that?

No:

As you have removed the domain and readded it, however, you may have to wait up to 72 hours for the records to be updated everywhere, the advice in this article applies:

You can use online tools to perform DNS lookups such as digwebinterface.com, and configure it to look for the records in the InfinityFree nameservers:

6 Likes

Thank you for the help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.