Wordpress and ActivityPub not working

Website URL

(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

Error Message

There is not any errors. Just doesn’t work.

Other Information

I’ve been trying to get the ActivityPub plugin in Wordpress to work, but I can’t. What’s wrong that I can’t find my site/users in Fediverse?

This is not helpful.
Unless you can get any error logs or messages, we cannot help you

3 Likes

Maybe the reason is in No.3

5 Likes

I asked from ActivityPub developer and got answer: the host blocks certain URLs!

I understand limiting so that someone won’t run a huge social media site, but there must be a better way than blocking everything. I’m not expecting much traffic, but Mastodon was like the point of the site. First disabling cron jobs completely and this, can’t really even develope. Totally crippled. Also because disabling crons, sites are really slow now.

Theres also 502 and database errors all the time, multiple times every day. Doesn’t seem very reliable to upgrade lol. Cool that it’s free but I can also put up a free service that doesn’t work and is blocked everywhere.

Were you told which URLs/functionality is being blocked?

I am suspecting this:

Using a custom domain with Cloudflare could perhaps help work around this limitation, but this is not supported for InfinityFree’s subdomains.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.