Woocommerce

I have installed woocommerce plugin, then activated but it wasn’t working, so i decided install manually via fttp, i have installed via filezilla, but still i couldn’t activate it this is what i received
Plugin couldn’t activate it triggerred a fatal error.

You have to upload it via FTP bit by bit because Woocommerce is more than 10MB. That’s why it triggers a fatal error. Look at this:

To do so, the first step is to download the plugin or t heme zip file to your computer. If you got the plugin from a third party source, you probably already have this file. If you installed it directly from WordPress, you can find and download your plugin from the official WordPress plugin store or theme store

Next, you’ll need to upload the files to your account.

To upload the plugin or theme with FTP:

1. Extract the zip file on your computer. It should contain a single folder with files.
  2. Setup a connection with your FTP client of choice. Learn more about how to setup an FTP connection.
  3. Navigate to your WordPress plugins or themes folder. This is typically htdocs/wp-content/plugins for your first domain, and example.com/htdocs/wp-content/plugins for addon domains and subdomains. For themes, it’s the
  4. Copy the extracted folder to the website directory. Depending on the size of the plugin or theme, this can take some time complete.
  5. After the file transfer has been completed, login to your WordPress admin area. From there, you can navigate to the Plugins or Themes interface and hit Activate on what you’ve just uploaded.

You can attempt to upload the archive through our online file manager, but this may not work depending on the size of the plugin or theme. Using a desktop FTP client like FileZilla is recommended, because it works with plugins and themes of all sizes.

2 Likes

I have made this steps, but i got this error, i have downloaded zip file, then clicked extract here, and uploaded in plugins section, i don’t understand what happens.

I activated thanks for help.

No problem.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.