Why website is not opening, is this PHP version issue?

My website is showing this message for 3 days “There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions” what could be the issue. i installed latest version wordpress and disabled all plugins, tried all video tutorials on YouTube. still it’s showing same message. is this PHP version issue or something else? someone please help me.

Please enable WordPress debug mode in order to view the actual error message

7 Likes
5 Likes

i checked it shows fetal error on wp-admin, wp-load and wp-settings PHP.

there is no any error code, it’s showing this message only “There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions”

Did you do this?

If nothing is being shown, then this may help:

4 Likes

i checked debug log it shows fetal error on wp-admin, wp-load and wp-settings PHP.

Is this PHP version issue? because i heard all accounts are migrating to 8.2PHP

Could you share the full error message? It may give us more information about the issue.

That’s very likely, but hard to say without knowing what’s breaking. And we cannot downgrade PHP just because it broke your website. So to fix your website you’ll still need to fix whatever is causing the code to crash on PHP 8.2.

5 Likes

i checked. my theme php functions are not supporting the latest PHP. So that’s why my entire WordPress is corrupted. I have to change new theme which supports latest PHP.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.