Why does WordPress have this issue on InfnityFree?

Every WP install on IF service has this issue for my account when visiting the home page of a new or fully functioning website ends in “/?i=1” I have not ran into this issue on any host in the past. Is this an issue of a outdated auto-installer?

@AVYAVY said:
Every WP install on IF service has this issue for my account when visiting the home page of a new or fully functioning website ends in “/?i=1” I have not ran into this issue on any host in the past. Is this an issue of a outdated auto-installer?

Check your Permalinks status…change them.

@AVYAVY said:

Check your Permalinks status…change them.

It’s not part of WordPress, it’s part of a security system on our hosting.

However, you’re calling it an issue. What exactly is the issue for you, beside the fact the URL looks slightly differently?

Well i was under the impression that this hosting was as good as any other host and having issues that are “swept” under the carpet isn’t a good sign to the consumer. I guess beggars can’t be choosers.

@AVYAVY said:
Well i was under the impression that this hosting was as good as any other host and having issues that are “swept” under the carpet isn’t a good sign to the consumer. I guess beggars can’t be choosers.

What issues are being swept under the carpet? As far as I can tell, the only thing you’ll notice is that the URL looks a bit different on the first page load. Is the parameter actually causing issues for your website?

Disregard my post entirely, i see that it is going nowhere. The system should not enforce a additional character into the url of a website. Period. It doesn’t seem to me that this hosting service is focused on consumer experience one bit. The fact that this is categorized as a non-issue is evident of lack of care.

@AVYAVY said:
Disregard my post entirely, i see that it is going nowhere. The system should not enforce a additional character into the url of a website. Period. It doesn’t seem to me that this hosting service is focused on consumer experience one bit. The fact that this is categorized as a non-issue is evident of lack of care.

What customer experience do you mean exactly? Is it just that the suffix is ugly or does it actually affect the pages on your website?

We don’t like the URL suffix either, but we know it’s part of a security system which is FAR more important than a few extra characters at the end of the URL. I agree it’s not good, but it’s better than the alternative.