Webstars, I need your help

Hello, I created my website (campusconnect.epizy.com) using only HTML and CSS, I hosted it on free domain. I want to move to premium domain but my problem is that, I can not post articles, pictures etc on my website unless I create a new HTML file that contains the articles and pics then save it on my cpanel. It is very complex and take much time.

How can I post directly on my website just like posting on Facebook ?

You said you created a new website using only HTML and CSS.
What do you mean by premium domain?
IF offers premium hosting, so kindly clear me this first.

So what do you want? You are getting it wrong, you can use a CMS like WordPress for free, it will make the complexity less.

Using large cms or make your own MySQL Powered blog.

2 Likes

Right, This is the script I use

<?php
$servername = "";
$username = "";
$password = "";
$dbname = "";

$conn = new mysqli($servername, $username, $password, $dbname);
if ($conn->connect_error) {
    die("Connection to storage database has failed:" . $conn->connect_error . "( If your the sysadmin check your config.php!)");
}

$sql = "SELECT title, author, content, date FROM blog";
$result = $conn->query($sql);

if ($result->num_rows > 0) {
    while($row = $result->fetch_assoc()) {

echo "<h2><b>".$row["title"]."</b></h2>";
echo "<font size=-1>By ".$row["author"]." on the ". $row["date"]."</font>";
echo "<p>".$row["content"]."</p><br>";

}
} else {
    echo "No posts have been made yet!";
}

$conn->close();
?>

With the following sql;

Note, You require the file to be .php

2 Likes

It requires complex coding though.

2 Likes

Thanks for yr helpful responses.
@HaydenANG can I just copy yr code and save it as .php in my cpanel ?

And as for premium, I meant paid domain.

Do not use this, read the reason here:

1 Like

Just created a WordPress as you suggested. What’s the next step to merge it with my infinityfree site so that I can post directly on my website…?

@anon19508339
@HaydenANG

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m old fashioned, I still use font regardless of the style=“color:#ffffff

3 Likes

If you have created WordPress, then great!

I can’t understand this :confused:

What do you want to directly post on your website?
You mean facebook? We have WordPress plugins.

If you want to move your existing website to WordPress, then you will have to manually migrate the content of your website into WordPress. If you want to reuse the existing design, you’ll also need to convert the HTML pages into a WordPress theme, which has quite a steep learning curve.

A more pragmatic solution may be to use a website builder. There are free and paid software packages available that allow you to load in a HTML template and easily copy pages, edit content, and publish everything over FTP. This saves you some effort compared to having to port the existing website into a CMS.

Alternatively, you could sprinkle a bit of PHP on your existing website to make it easier to manage. Just moving the common layout of your page (header, footer, sidebar, etc.) to separate files and using PHP include directives to import that can already help with making things easier to maintain.

There are also simple CMS and website builders that make it quite easy to build templates for. I’ve used GetSimpleCMS in the past which I liked quite well, and I did find a drag and drop builder recently which looked quite powerful, but I can’t remember which one it is.

If you want to go with WordPress, that’s a fine choice too. But please do note that WordPress is powerful and complicated software. If all you’re looking for is making a static website easier to maintain, then WordPress might be overkill and create an unnecessary maintenance burden.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.