Website taking a long time to load (I did read all other threads about this prior to posting)

Hi,

So I’ve been noticing a strange pattern with my website hosted within InfinityFree. Basically I attempt to load http://www.cslandscapingservices.com and the first time it takes anywhere from 15-20 seconds to start loading the page. Most of the time (95%) it loads the homepage correctly. However there are times when I get a “502 bad gateway” error message. Once the site finally loads and I go back a few times to check it again, it reloads fast.

I know these are free servers and can’t expect much in terms of performance. Also I’ve seen other threads that explain that the servers need to “warm up” and then serve the site which could make sense. However does this mean if I upgrade my account to a paid version my site will no longer have this problem?

Just so you know I’m running Wordpress have installed only 11 plugins including WP Super Cache which was suggested in another thread. Caching is on as well as the “Compress pages so they’re served more quickly to visitors” option. CDN hasn’t been activated yet.

Thanks for your input!

mcmweb said:
Hi,

So I've been noticing a strange pattern with my website hosted within InfinityFree. Basically I attempt to load http://www.cslandscapingservices.com and the first time it takes anywhere from 15-20 seconds to start loading the page. Most of the time (95%) it loads the homepage correctly. However there are times when I get a "502 bad gateway" error message. Once the site finally loads and I go back a few times to check it again, it reloads fast.

I know these are free servers and can't expect much in terms of performance. Also I've seen other threads that explain that the servers need to "warm up" and then serve the site which could make sense. However does this mean if I upgrade my account to a paid version my site will no longer have this problem?

Just so you know I'm running Wordpress have installed only 11 plugins including WP Super Cache which was suggested in another thread. Caching is on as well as the "Compress pages so they’re served more quickly to visitors" option. CDN hasn't been activated yet.

Thanks for your input!

Hi,
When you first visited your site then it loads slowly and the second time when you visit your then it is much more faster, this is normal because your browser cache the files of your website and that's how it makes it much more faster.

The slow problem is it could be because of your WP installation since WP is really not lightweight and could use a little bit more of the servers resources unlike static HTML which use less server resources. Or the problem could be your WP plugins cuase plugins tend to cause WP to use more server resources.

*CMIIW*