Website suddenly very slow in loading

Website URL

http://pfh.rf.gd/

Error Message

it takes a long time to load. suddenly started doing that yesterday or the day before

Other Information

ftp connections constantly time out.

(other information and details relevant to your question)

Your website loads fast for me, so it could be an internet connection issue. Try connecting via a VPN, and regarding FTP if you still get timeout issues, can you share the full logs from Filezilla?

7 Likes

interestingly this started happening after changing my ISP provider.

If I try to access the site from TOR browser, it’s fast no issues. If I use chrome or Mozilla it takes ages.

Now, for what concerns the ftp, here is the errors I get:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Command: PWD
Response: 257 / is your current location
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (185,27,134,11,59,202)
Command: MLSD
Error: GnuTLS error -110: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Error: The data connection could not be established: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted

eventually if I push a file, it will go through after trying multiple times.

Error: GnuTLS error -110: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Error: The data connection could not be established: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

The FTP issue is because our server kills inactive connections after 20 sec of inactivity, so this “error” isn’t really an error.

As for your website, you said you have changed your ISP and you could only access it by TOR, probably this is your ISP. Your should change back or contact them to see if they have your site blocked. Or use VPN (But that’s similar to TOR in some way. Anyways)

4 Likes

This indicates that there is a problem when switching the FTP connection to Passive Mode. That’s usually the right way to connect, but some routers try to “optimize” the FTP connection by intercepting and manipulating the communication between your computer and our FTP server, which often ends up breaking it.

Seeing how this issue appeared after switching ISPs, and doesn’t occur on Tor, it proves that the issue is with that new ISP. For a home ISP, you may be able to configure this in the router provided by your ISP (there may be some FTP related setting in the admin interface). But in some cases, notable with mobile ISPs, the connection mishandling happens deeper in the provider’s network, which usually means there is no way to fix it.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.