Website files getting blocked by unknown 403 error

www.kidusberhanu.com

my whole site is down please help
i can not afford for my site to be down at this time
after loading the site and going to inspect - networks- i can see that the website files are loadinig but they are being bloacked by the 403 error

Error Message

it is loading the website files but for reasons unknown to me it is blocking the connection

here are the details
Request URL:
https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Plus+Jakarta+Sans
Request Method:
GET
Status Code:
200 OK (from disk cache)
Remote Address:
[2607:f8b0:4002:c03::5f]:443
Referrer Policy:
strict-origin-when-cross-origin
Referer:

Sec-Ch-Ua:
“Not_A Brand”;v=“8”, “Chromium”;v=“120”, “Google Chrome”;v=“120”
Sec-Ch-Ua-Mobile:
?0
Sec-Ch-Ua-Platform:
“Windows”
User-Agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Other Information

(other information and details relevant to your question)

Welcome to the forum!

Maybe this article will help:

7 Likes

thank you for the replay, my website was working well for months and it has all the necessary files such as index.html
the problem happened after i changed the name servers to cloudfare for added security, but afterwards i have reverted the nameservers to infinity free’s, but the issue is still there, i don’t think the issue can be fixed from my side i have tried every possible solution

)
IT DOESNT MAKE SENCE THE FILE DIRECTORY IS THERE BUT I AM GETTING NO DIRECTORY ERROR

Hey there, A 403 error means the request file or folder is forbidden to be accessed. This can occur for a few reasons.

1. Check whether your index.html file is inside the htdocs folder.

2. Make sure that the index.html file’s name is in lowercase.

3. Check your .htaccess file for any permission rules or redirections.

You can try those solutions, it may help you!

4 Likes

i found your error

1 Like

You have to rename the iiinedx.html file.

You can’t have more than one index file in the directory.

1 Like

Can you share your “Domains” section of your client area account, which should show the folder your website is linked to?

7 Likes

my site was working while iiindex.html files was on it, it has been there for a while,
i saved it like that because sometimes i get file upload errors and i saved it there just incase for back up, i don’t think renaming is the issue

1 Like

No, you can’t have files like that, the reason is that the index is the default file which the server will serve first. It’s not a good practice to do so.

1 Like

@ChrisPAR

1 Like

“Iiindex” isn’t “index” though; I do not think the server is interpreting it wrongly, either. I agree it is not good practice, but I do not think it is what’s causing this. The server here usually looks for “index.php, index.html” then “index2.html”, so naming a file index2.html could theoretically cause it to be served, but index.html has higher priority.

7 Likes

Thank you. I suspected this is what had happened but needed to be sure.

Your domain is not linked to the main htdocs directory, but to a directory called kidusberhanu.com/htdocs. If those two folders do not exist, you will need to create them, and then move the contents of your main htdocs folder there.

9 Likes

i renamed it to OLDbackup.html
but the issue persists.
thank you for your input , i know it is not a common to do that

2 Likes

@ChrisPAR it worked!!!
words fall short to describe how thankful i am, i have been stuck on this for hours and didn’t think to check that.
Thank you, Thank you Thankyou!!!

one more thing my site is slower now it is taking quite a while to load, if you have any tips on how to overcome that i would greatly appreciate it

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.