Website 2 times suspended in 1 week due to "EP Overuse", no PHP, static site, low hits,

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_25062097

Error Message

epiz_25062097 resource usage suspension: ep overuse

Other Information

After the notice that resource limits have doubled on free sites, I have had 2 suspensions of my site in one week.
Although:
-I have no PHP.
-It’s a static website.
-Nothing changed in months.
-I had lowers hits than months ago.

So no clue what is happening.
Today I did a test and just my personal visit on my website generated a new suspension.
I also noticed that only 7 images were loaded per refresh and the others showed bad links. Every new refresh loaded 7 extra images. This was not the case in the past. Very very strange.
Help would be appreciated.

What do you mean by this?

Can you share your URL?

Thanks

I mean, they won’t load. Only 7 images are loaded on 1 page. Every refresh loads 7 new images of the page. The not loaded images show as if they don’t exist, but after refresh they will show.
Example: https://vanbarel.eu.org/art1.html

Can you let me know when the suspension is over? I will be happy to take a look then. Thanks!

Ok thank you, I will contact you tomorrow via this thread.

The issue was exactly same with me. Website don’t display some of the image files - Hosting Support - InfinityFree Forum Only few images were displayed, other all were broken images (shown in attached). Refresh few times, website been suspended due to EP limited. Happened 4 times in a week. Tried few solutions, Can’t solve. I just written back the index.html with removed unwanted info, less images, no PHP, no scripts, no linking…etc. It’s a very basic and simple html code, it look like a sheet of poster not a website. Now uploaded, So far working fine. www.budimulia.cf
Note: I think this is not a proper way or correct solution, but it’s a only way of mine to make the suspended website re-work again.

My website is active again.
If you just visit a few pages of my site, my site gets “suspension: ep overuse”.
No clue why, no PHP, static site, all HTML is manually coded, not generated.
Worked great past year, nothing changed, but since “resource limits have doubled”, I get this “EP Overuse”.
My guess: the EP counting is not done correctly.

1 Like

This may help!

1 Like

My website got suspended a third time in a week, just by loading a few pages!

Hello Valued Customer,
This mail is to inform you that your site with the username epiz_25062097 has utilised its daily resource limit.
This limit is reset every day and your site will be reactivated in 24 hours time (24 hour suspension )
The resources that your site has over used are :
ep overuse

I have the same problem. My website worked perfect for many months until the new limits have been announced. Now I had 2 suspensions in 1 week, just by me visiting my own site.
I have no PHP, static handcoded HTML, only css.
I guess there is something wrong in counting the EP limit.
Could it be that caching is not active or that every image is counting as a hit?
Detail: after my website was unsuspended, I noticed that there was no caching of images.
I had to refresh my portfolio pages with images several times and noticed that loading of images stopped every 7 images. So for a page with 25 images, I had to reload the page 4 times.
After I refreshed all my portfolio pages, I got suspended just by visiting my own pages.
Very strange.

1 Like

Which website are you referring to exactly? I checked your account (linked to this profile) but there are no suspensions there at all.

1 Like

Not now, I waited 24 hours.

That’s account is not registered to your profile, so of course I couldn’t check.

And the last suspension was before the 20th of April, so I think the fix that was implemented on that date worked for your account.

1 Like

No it did not work. Just loading a few pages generated a new SUSPENSION just minutes ago.

Hello Valued Customer,
This mail is to inform you that your site with the username epiz_25062097 has utilised its daily resource limit.
This limit is reset every day and your site will be reactivated in 24 hours time (24 hour suspension )
The resources that your site has over used are :
ep overuse
1 Like

There is an outage topic about this. Please keep the discussion centralized.

2 Likes