We might need your changelogs

It’s very confusing to see the web portal updates without seeing what went where

Apologies in advance if my English is bad. I came back after a month as usual because I normally check up on the website’s certificates, resource usage and so on. I was just recently greeted with an entirely different UI and don’t even know how to renew my websites’ certificates.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that the new design is bad, I’m just saying that there should be a changelog lightbox so that web developers can see what new changes have been made to the InfinityFree portal so we can be up-to-date as to what changes to be aware of, rather than just leaving us lost in a rainforest.

@1Truth

In the same place it could always be found, under the “SSL Certificates” tab in the navigation bar.

7 Likes

With heavy respect I was simply making a reference. It wasn’t necessarily a “I need support,” post but a kind suggestion to add a feature that allowed us to be aware of changes once we log in. The site looks extremely different from what I remembered last month.

EDIT: Just pointing this out because you moved it to Hosting Support.

I’m not sure what you are referring to. I checked what was actually changes in the client area in April, and all I see are bugfixes, security updates and a few minor cosmetic fixes (messages, buttons, icons, etc.). It’s been much longer since the SSL certificates pages have been changed significantly.

Is there anything specific you noticed changed a lot? What do you remember it looking like?

Ideally, the new interface should be intuitive enough that you can use it without needing further instructions.

But I do like the idea of having update notifications. Not sure how to use it properly though. Most of the changes made are small and incremental. I don’t think it’s useful to notify people that “button X on page Y now has an icon!”

6 Likes

I was also gone for a couple of months from this platform and when I came back, I was greeted with an entirely different UI. However, it was not hard for me to find my way around, so I am not quite sure why you had trouble finding buttons (The buttons didn’t even change places–there were buttons added.). I think the Client Area looks better than how it looked 6 months ago.

5 Likes

I went digging a bit more into the change logs. It seems that some design changes were made last year in August/September on various pages, mostly to make everything more mobile friendly. But that’s almost a year ago. Also, it didn’t really change where the contents and options were, just how they were displayed.

As far as I can tell, you last renewed your certificates in January. Since then, it has mostly been bugfixes, and the MySQL database management has been added to the client area.

So “entirely different UI” seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.