Vanilla Search is the Worst, What to do to search for something

Hello,
Vanilla Forums Search is, as far as I can tell, the worst one on the planet, because when I search for the exact title for a topic (e.g The Weirdest Problem With HTTPS), it shows other topic who use the keyword HTTPS and it doesn’t search as it should (search for all the words that are put into the form).
So here is an safe alternative, provided by InfinityFree itself.
Go to https://infinityfree.net/support/search/ and search for any forum topic you like, it will show up correctly and firstly as it is Powered By Google.
I hope I helped you, at least for me searching and having to press Next Time over 3 times is annoying and STUPID!

@ChrisPAR said:
Hello,
Vanilla Forums Search is, as far as I can tell, the worst one on the planet, because when I search for the exact title for a topic (e.g The Weirdest Problem With HTTPS), it shows other topic who use the keyword HTTPS and it doesn’t search as it should (search for all the words that are put into the form).
So here is an safe alternative, provided by InfinityFree itself.
Go to https://infinityfree.net/support/search/ and search for any forum topic you like, it will show up correctly and firstly as it is Powered By Google.
I hope I helped you, at least for me searching and having to press Next Time over 3 times is annoying and STUPID!

Vanilla forums search bar looks for keyword of what you typed, I think it also uses MySQL database to search in this forum for exact keyword you need.

Yes, the built-in search is quite… basic. Doing search well is hard if you don’t have a real search engine.

Do you think it would be better if the search bar at the top of the forum would go to the Google search as well?

@Admin said:
Yes, the built-in search is quite… basic. Doing search well is hard if you don’t have a real search engine.

Do you think it would be better if the search bar at the top of the forum would go to the Google search as well?

Yes, I think it would be better for everyone.

@Admin said:

IMO, Using Google Search are somewhat giving a “lazy” perspective to the (developer of) page. But if you think it’s for the best, so be it :smirk:

@Joo_Nath said:

@Admin said:

IMO, Using Google Search are somewhat giving a “lazy” perspective to the (developer of) page. But if you think it’s for the best, so be it :smirk:

Well, there is only so much you can do searching within a MySQL database. MySQL is good at storing relational data, not searching and ranking texts. It’s theoretically possible to integrate proper search engine software, like Elasticsearch, Solr or Sphinx, but most addons promising such functionality haven’t been updated in quite some time. And building it myself would take way, way too time much for the benefit it could bring.

@Admin said:

@Joo_Nath said:

@Admin said:

Well, there is only so much you can do searching within a MySQL database. MySQL is good at storing relational data, not searching and ranking texts. It’s theoretically possible to integrate proper search engine software, like Elasticsearch, Solr or Sphinx, but most addons promising such functionality haven’t been updated in quite some time. And building it myself would take way, way too time much for the benefit it could bring.

Please @Admin , put a google search on top of the forum.