Using A and CNAME rather than Nameservers

Hi, I have a wordpress.com site set up, and I’m trying to use InfinityFree for more backend functionality, but I must use WordPress’s nameservers. Is there any way that I can use a CNAME or an A record instead? I’ve tried using my main domain in a CNAME but for the last day or so, it’s only redirected me to “suspendeddomain.org” as usual. Is this possible on a free account?

Thanks!

@RedstoneEditor said:
Hi, I have a wordpress.com site set up, and I’m trying to use InfinityFree for more backend functionality, but I must use WordPress’s nameservers. Is there any way that I can use a CNAME or an A record instead? I’ve tried using my main domain in a CNAME but for the last day or so, it’s only redirected me to “suspendeddomain.org” as usual. Is this possible on a free account?

Thanks!

Yeah, it is. Just ping your website’s adress and what will you get will be the IP of your site.

Yes, you can! You can find out more about about that here: https://infinityfree.net/support/find-your-ip/

Just note that you can only do this after you’ve added the domain to your account. And to add the domain to your account, you must point it to our nameservers. After you’ve added the domain to your account, you can move it to other nameservers.