Unwanted adds

Website URL

(http://examidea.free.nf/)

Error Message

unwanted page open on my URL page

Other Information

Sometimes I see

unwanted ads on my webpage instead of my web page.

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. Try changing your ip using a vpn.

Has your website been created recently? If yes then please note that it may take up to 72 hours in order to show to your, can you try to clear your DNS cache?

5 Likes

Read:

5 Likes

But why only my ip ?
And no clearing the dns cache does not work

Did you follow my directions in your post?

5 Likes

Working!
Kindly clear your browser cookies and cache or use incognito

1 Like

yes but it didn’t work on my pc

This problem is not caused by our servers serving different content to your IP, it’s your device connecting to the wrong IP address. It’s a DNS issue.

No, DNS cache can help but isn’t guaranteed to work. Your own computer doesn’t connect to our servers directly for DNS, and instead connects to a so-called DNS resolver, usually provided by your network administrator or ISP. The DNS resolver has it’s own cache, which typically cannot be cleared by you.

For more information about this, and workarounds, please see the article that @wackyblackie shared:

6 Likes

So i just have to wait 72 hours ?

Up to, meaning you may be able to see your website even in an hour.

5 Likes

Is it possible that it never works?

No, that’s all.

You have to be paitient — Web hosting is not like using a phone or a pc, it was a techy thing and requires more time and paitience.

2 Likes

Sometimes, it doesn’t work at all because of a technical problem on our end which results in the DNS records for your domain not getting published correctly. If that happens, you’ll need to take action to fix it.

But if that’s the case, your website wouldn’t work for anyone anywhere, and that’s clearly not the case here. You can verify with any DNS lookup tool that your domain is actually pointing to your website IP: Dig web interface - online dns lookup tool

No, you don’t have to. The article that was shared here has some workarounds to help speed it up.

Also, we just say 72 hours because that’s enough time for most people. We publish DNS changes within minutes, typically, and publish records with a TTL of 24 hours. So for most people, it will take less than 24 hours for the changes to be visible.

But resolvers can choose to cache records for a time shorter or longer than the specified time, and sometimes you’re dealing with tiered caching, which means it can take even longer.

72 hours is a worst case scenario. Almost always it’s less, and it will be less for you if you take action to fix your DNS settings. But there are rare cases where it takes longer too.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.