Unable to get wordpress to install

Following site http://adrianandwah.great-site.net

Which I have installed word press however the page does not load all I get is a page with Great-site.net and some adverts. My first installation under a completely separate account and domain worked fine.

I have standard free domain provide by your self’s. I do not have any SLL setup neither have I change and settings other than leaving them with default settings.

I installed word press via softaculou standard install. Having searched post already for similar they all relate to adding personal domains. Mine is a free one provided by your self

I tried removing word press and reinstalling but still not working.

Just to advise I’ve tried 2 different browsers and it will not work on either.

No issue

Take note

7 Likes

I understand how DNS works then perhaps you can explain why my first stie worked straight away, however the second one did does not. I would have expected each site to be going to the same DNS their for getting same Delay in DNS caching.

Hi lockac,

Manage your expectation as different ISP has different DNS performance, some do it quickly some doesn’t, and IF has no control over how long does DNS cache of others have.

Cheers!

4 Likes

You’re right about the DNS cache having the same delay in both cases. However, you have to understand it’s a cache delay. If the cache delay is 24 hours, that doesn’t mean it will always take exactly 24 hours for changes to take effect.

Suppose for domain 1, you have never visited the site, so there is no cached DNS result. You setup the domain, configure the DNS correctly, and then try to visit it. Since there is no cache, the authoritative nameservers are queried, which return the correct DNS entries. Which means your site works immediately.

Then, for domain 2, you did try to access the site before the DNS changes were fully updated. This means your DNS resolver cached the old, incorrect DNS data for your account for 24 hours. So when you change the DNS and then try to visit the site, your DNS resolver will return the old, incorrect data is has stored in its cache, and it will take up to 24 hours for that cache to expire. So it will take a day for the site to start working.

This is one of the reasons why DNS cache can be so unpredictable. And that’s why what you’re seeing is completely normal and expected.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.