Unable to delete subdomain "Illegal Characters"

**My website URL is:http://arrogantjackal.com name, if it doesn’t affect a web page) on which you get this issue. →

**What I’m seeing is:
“Illegal characters in the naming field, please verify input. .5” Error when attempting to remove subdomain via control panel. The subdomain is a single character one which is just “1” but after trying to remove it I am given the error message above. I’m attempting to remove this as I am migrating to another ifastnet account.

I have attempted trying this in multiple browsers but the issue persists. Not sure what really I can do here.

If the issue is that the characters are too small then why did it allow me to create it in the first place?

Yep, this is a bug in the panel. It’s possible that the rules about the minimum length of a subdomain have changed, but even if it did, it shouldn’t check the format of your subdomain while deleting it.

I cannot delete your subdomain myself either, so I’ve messaged iFastNet to remove your subdomain and make sure that subdomains can always be deleted.

2 Likes

The subdomain is gone now!

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for your help with this!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.