Two domains - test and "live" but live is still pointing at old servers

Complete Newbie here, so hope this makes sense:

I created a new site (http://archersreference.great-site.net/) on which I built a wordpress front end as a test.

Once I was happy with the front end, I then added another custom domain (archersreference.co.uk) and pointed it at the same file location (after pointing the name servers at infinityfree of course, as a mandatory requirement)

When I ping my custom domain, it’s still pinging to the old IP (92.204.212.181), surely it should now point at 185.27.134.60? How can I fix that?

Pining www.customdoman points to 185.x.x.x as expected, but browsing to that URL goes to the old site.

Confused!
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

In WordPress settings, change the Site URL to the new URL. Reload and it should work

4 Likes

Thanks @Greenreader9, but my question isn’t about the wordpress settings, it’s that I changed the name servers, but the custom domain is still pointing at the old site IP several hours later.
I’m going to leave it until morning and check again to see if the propagation has sorted itself out.

Read this to understand

I may take up to 72hours to update

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.