"This appears to be a subdomain you are adding" when trying to add a parked addon domain

I’m trying to add “namboner.com” as an addon domain for nambona890.epizy.com, but I’m getting the error message This appears to be a subdomain you are adding (1008485) namboner . com. 86400 IN CNAME 11776 . BODIS . com.

I’ve set the nameservers a couple of days ago to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com. I got the domain with NameCheap.

There are some threads from years ago mentioning a similar problem, but they mention that there’s a system issue at the time or that an admin manually added it.

You should add it through the addon domain tab.

That’s what I was trying, though.

Can you pls share a screenshot perhaps?

When I try to add namboner.com into the addon domains, this is the page that pops up.

you seem to be adding a subdomain? You should add the root domain.

I’m trying to add the root domain. I’m only typing namboner.com into the “New Domain Name” field.

There may be some issue, i guess. The nameservers are alright:

The error message is a bit weird, but I can tell you the domain name is already in use on an account at unaux.com / ProFreeHost. Since they use the same platform as we do, you need to remove the domain name from there first before you can add it here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.