The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority?

This is the error. Check screenshot https://snipboard.io/h436Ou.jpg

How do I fix this?

Welcome @cryingpanda :slight_smile: Because you’re seeing the message from SSL Shopper doesn’t mean your site isn’t protected, the SSL certificate from InfinityFree is a good deal, SSL/TLS protection for free.

Quote below is from @Admin from this post The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate - #2 by sw1tchme

This is normal. CA chains are not supported on free hosting. Most browsers will just accept the SSL certificate without CA chain and show you a green lock. If your visitors are using old browsers, or if you have an SSL vendor which is not trusted directly by browsers, you may still see SSL warnings. But for most sites and visitors, you don’t need the CA chain.

If you do want SSL with a CA chain, you can use Cloudflare to get SSL for your website, or upgrade to premium hosting , where you get both the ability to upload your own SSL with CA chain, or get free SSL automatically from Let’s Encrypt.

3 Likes

I just checked his screenshot and It’s not self signed at all, he’s using a trusted SSL from Let’s Encrypt:

The only problem is about the Certificate Authority’s certificate (CA_chain) which you can just safely ignore it as modern and major web browsers doesn’t even need a CA_chain since they will automatically fetch it themselves.

@cryingpanda @UnknownLolz Sorry for my misinformation about a self signed certificate, I was reading an older post about this problem for reference and didn’t read closely enough :roll_eyes: I’ve corrected my original post.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.