The certificate you have entered does not match the current private key

My website URL is: www.jacquesdeklerk.net

What I’m seeing is: The certificate you have entered does not match the current private key.

I’m using this software: Not required!!!

Additional information:

Maybe you mistook something while installing the SSL certificate. The correct instructions are here if you already have a private key and a certificate, while if you don’t have a certificate, you could do it from the “SSL Certificates” section of the Client Area.

1 Like

I had an existing key which expired today.

I applied for a new key. They sent me the private key and the certificate in the client area. I copied the private key and paste it into the “SSL/TLS” section of my domain. Then I clicked configure at my domain name. Paste the private key into the “Private Key field” clicked “Generate Key / CSR” after that I clicked “Upload Key”.

I went back to the client area copied the certificate and paste into the “Certificate” field and I still got that error…

Are you able to help me with this?

Why am I not getting any answer?

How bad will the support be on premium when it currently sucks!

Private keys don’t expire. Certificates do.

If you click the “Generate Key / CSR” button, it will generate a key and CSR. And by generating a key, it will overwrite the key that’s already there.

Instead you need to paste in the private key and click “Upload Key”.

All of this is explained in the article linked to by @Ergastolator1 and in the client area by the way. Please follow the instructions there.

Because this is a community forum for free hosting. Not a 24/7 enterprise service desk.

Premium support is premium quality. Free support is free quality. To quote our home page:

Is InfinityFree a demo, trial or sample for premium hosting?

Absolutely not! InfinityFree is fully featured, completely free website hosting. We provide promotional offers for alternative, premium services for people looking for more, but their services are very different. InfinityFree is not a representation of these offers.

4 Likes

That was a typing error.

Anyway. If premium support is premium quality I’ll definitely refer my clients to premium on infinityfree. That way I can also try it.

And thanx for your support.

1 Like

Glad to hear it!

Just FYI: InfinityFree doesn’t provide premium hosting. iFastNet provides the premium hosting for us.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.