Struggling to renew SSL certificate

Username epiz_27148879 Website www.katemercy.co.uk

I’m struggling to renew my SSL (Lets Encrypt). I’ve used it multiple times in the past and haven’t changed anything at the name providers end.

When I try to renew the SSL it is telling me to set the CNAME record through the control panel.

I really don’t know what to do

The other info it is giving is:

These are the nameservers we detected on your domain name: ns1.epizy.com, ns2.epizy.com.

Record Name _acme-challenge
Domain katemercy.co.uk
Destination 00a01161-9ce4-4d91-9cea-726e353ecc92.acmedns.infinityfree.net
Current Destination aamcfopjqf1gbxcmnywp.acme.infinityfree.net Not Ready

I’ve gone to the CNAMES part of Control Panel.

Deleted the existing CNAME records (one for katemercy.co.uk and the other for www.katemercy.co.uk).

Then added a new CNAME record using “_acme challenge” as the source value, “katemercy.co.uk” as the Domain value and “00a01161-9ce4-4d91-9cea-726e353ecc92.acmedns.infinityfree.net” as the Destination value.

I got these values from the message shown in the previous post.

What do I do next ? Nothing seems to have happened

2 Likes

Do I also need to do something similar for the domain www.katemercy.co.uk (rather than katemercy.co.uk) ?

If so, what destination do I need to put ?

We’ve made some changes to how the domain validation works for SSL certificates. In general, it should be easier and faster now, but the transition isn’t entirely seamless.

4 Likes

Thankyou.

Where do I replace the acme.infinityfree.net with acmednsinfinityfree.net ?

2 Likes

You need to go into the CNAME Records section in the control panel, and delete all the records there that have _acme-challenge in the source name. If you already added the record shown in the client area for the validation now, you should leave that one, of course.

And if you didn’t add the new record yet, you should setup that record instead.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.