SSL certificate still pending

I have a free account and am using the InfinityFree nameservers.

On Monday Feb 19th I applied for an SSL certificate here on the InfinityFree website and pressed the “Request Certificate” button.

I have just looked and I still see:

SSL Certificates for susansavad.com
Let’s Encrypt Pending

Does anyone know what else do I need to do to have the SSL certificate put onto my website

Thanks.

Susan Savad

This

and this

4 Likes

Can you please click it again?

It should only be needed once, but it’s possible something went wrong somewhere and your order didn’t actually get submitted properly.

Once you click it, it should be replaced with a loading bar, and you should have the certificate within a few minutes.

4 Likes

Thanks, that worked.

One other thing. My new certificate says that it expires 2024-05-23 UTC. I thought SSL certificates lasted a year.

Thanks for the information.

Susan Savad

Free SSL certificates from almost all providers are only valid for three months. Sometimes that’s a security feature, sometimes it’s because free certificates are considered “trial certificates”.

Certificates that are valid for a full year still exist, but in my experience you typically have to purchase them.

Technically, SSL certificates can have any validity, but SSL certificates issued by recognized SSL providers cannot be longer than 13 months. Any validity shorter than that is considered valid.

5 Likes

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that this was correct.

Susan

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.