SSL Certificate Needed

Hello, I have just started my first project, and managed to install joomla as well, so as was going swimmingly… Then I tried to log in to my site, and was unable to, because of an insecure connection… This is the error message I received from Firefox…

mysite.epizy.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed. The certificate is not valid for the name mysite.epizy.com. Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

I have found the CSR generator, and generated one, but I have absolutely no idea where to send it, or what to do next… Please can anybody help…

Thank you very much

Paul

This is not as urgent, apparently, I can turn force HTTPS off in Joomla, and enter my site again, although any help would be appreciated on this free certificate business, as it is clearly beneficial to have one…

I’ve checked your account, and it looks like you haven’t installed a custom SSL certificate yet. All accounts come with HTTPS support by default, but you’ll have to install a valid SSL certificate yourself if you want to visit your website with HTTPS without getting a certificate warning.

Most paid SSL certificate vendors should work. Free SSL providers are a bit iffy, but I’ve heard good things about Comodo’s Free SSL.

I’m not paying, I don’t have a budget to waste on things like that… I’ve tried Comodo, you need to kinda stop sending people there, as they told me, they can only issue one free certificate for each domain, and ipizy.com has been used, so they can’t help me, as of yet… Obviosuly if I get a budget, things may change… Do you have any other free certificate sites I could have a go at…

@PaulNewman said:
I’m not paying, I don’t have a budget to waste on things like that… I’ve tried Comodo, you need to kinda stop sending people there, as they told me, they can only issue one free certificate for each domain, and ipizy.com has been used, so they can’t help me, as of yet… Obviosuly if I get a budget, things may change… Do you have any other free certificate sites I could have a go at…

No, all free certificate providers have similar restrictions. At this moment, it’s simply not possible to get free SSL on a subdomain. We’re working on a solution, but as far as I know there is no workaround.

Yeh, it’s a scam ain’t it, they never had them years ago did they… Comodo are quite reasonable, they said to me they had cleared one for me on that domain, but i’m sure somebody else will have claimed it, i’m waiting, until my sites better… No point wasting half of 90 days on a partially built site is there…

i wanted to know why my site crunkers.com doesn’t have a padlock or when i go to https:// it says your connection is not private, i have uploaded a SSL certificate from comodo

@PaulNewman said:
Yeh, it’s a scam ain’t it, they never had them years ago did they… Comodo are quite reasonable, they said to me they had cleared one for me on that domain, but i’m sure somebody else will have claimed it, i’m waiting, until my sites better… No point wasting half of 90 days on a partially built site is there…

@Crunkers said:
i wanted to know why my site crunkers.com doesn’t have a padlock or when i go to https:// it says your connection is not private, i have uploaded a SSL certificate from comodo

Try Cloudflare’s SSL. It’ll take a while for the SSL Certificate to become active, but it works quite well. You can then generate a free TLS certificate, install it, and set the SSL to Full or Full (Strict).

null
I think going for a paid one is better.

@Crunkers said:
null
I think going for a paid one is better.

It is, but some people prefer free because they can’t afford paid or for other reasons.

@TristianK3604
Yeah you are right,

@TristianK3604 said:

@PaulNewman said:

@Crunkers said:

Try Cloudflare’s SSL. It’ll take a while for the SSL Certificate to become active, but it works quite well. You can then generate a free TLS certificate, install it, and set the SSL to Full or Full (Strict).

Unless, you’re taking login details, I don’t see the point in getting one anyway, I certainly won’t be paying for one, that’s for sure…

@PaulNewman said:

@TristianK3604 said:

@PaulNewman said:

@Crunkers said:

Unless, you’re taking login details, I don’t see the point in getting one anyway, I certainly won’t be paying for one, that’s for sure…

Most sites will handle something like e-mails, passwords, usernames, etc. Data like that needs to be secured. I handle all three of those on my website, so I need an SSL certificate.

@TristianK3604 said:

@PaulNewman said:

@TristianK3604 said:

@PaulNewman said:

@Crunkers said:

Most sites will handle something like e-mails, passwords, usernames, etc. Data like that needs to be secured. I handle all three of those on my website, so I need an SSL certificate.

Yeh I have disabled mine, the only person that can log in is me, so as it stands I’m not gonna bother, unless I don’t incur any costs…

@PaulNewman said:

@TristianK3604 said:

@PaulNewman said:

@TristianK3604 said:

@PaulNewman said:

@Crunkers said:

Yeh I have disabled mine, the only person that can log in is me, so as it stands I’m not gonna bother, unless I don’t incur any costs…

The way I have my site set up is I use Cloudflare for my CDN, and use their full SSL, which does work, but just recently my device was unable to establish a secure connection, so temporarily I’m just using Cloudflare as a DNS record service and using a Let’s Encrypt certificate from sslforfree.com.

@TristianK3604 said:

@PaulNewman said:

@TristianK3604 said:

@PaulNewman said:

@TristianK3604 said:

@PaulNewman said:

@Crunkers said:

The way I have my site set up is I use Cloudflare for my CDN, and use their full SSL, which does work, but just recently my device was unable to establish a secure connection, so temporarily I’m just using Cloudflare as a DNS record service and using a Let’s Encrypt certificate from sslforfree.com.

I never understood a word of that lol…

@PaulNewman said:

@TristianK3604 said:

@PaulNewman said:

@TristianK3604 said:

@PaulNewman said:

@TristianK3604 said:

@PaulNewman said:

@Crunkers said:

I never understood a word of that lol…

I use Cloudflare to manage my DNS records (so none of my A/CNAME records go through them), and I get my SSL through sslforfree.com.