SSL certificate for free account

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

I am trying to setup the SSL certificate but I don’t have the option to do so. According to the advertising, even the free account has the SSL Certificate.

I went to SSL configure but I can’t click on the domain name like it’s written in the documentation and if I click on the configure button, I can only generate a key.
It says there that if I do have a certificate, I can paste it in the certificate field.
Since letsencrypt is not allowed to check my site, so I can’t use letsencrypt as I was in the past.

Am I doing something wrong or is the advertising not really accurate?

The TLS / SSL manager shows you sites that have SSL enabled on them. By default we activate a self signed certificate for all domains. You can below configure a 'Signed' certificate for your website. The default SSL is a Self Signed Certificate. Clicking 'Configure' below allows a signed certificate to be activated.

hey check in infinity free client area >> https://app.infinityfree.net/acmeDomains

1 Like

I tried that as well.
it asks me to update the TXT on my domain. If I was able to do that, I would have used letsencrypt.

Please make sure the following CNAME records are present on your domain name while requesting the SSL certificate. [ How to create the CNAME records in the VistaPanel control panel. ](https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-create-cname-records-for-free-ssl/)

txt record???
It will tell to update only cname records

1 Like

Can you also mention the domain.

the domain was mentioned on the first post: flavoraddiction.net.

I think I figure it out. I didn’t see the cnamerecords option in the CPanel. I updated the cname records and I think I will see the update in the next 24 hours.

Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

Ok Thx

it worked. After adding the cnamerecords and uploading the certificate, now the site is running on SSL.

Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.