SSL Certificate Does Not Install

Hi all,

I downloaded my SSL certificate from Sectigo for my domain trippyartcat.com. The domain was bought with Namecheap and is pointing to hosting with Infinity Free and works fine through non-SSL HTTP.

I went through the certificate installation process in cPanel and didn’t get any errors when uploading the form. The certificate text was taken directly from the CRT file.

The problem I have is that when I load-up my site under HTTPS it still serves the default, self-signed certificate and not my newly uploaded signed one.

It may or may not be relevant but there are two certificate definitions in the CRT file. Is this some kind of chained certificate, and could that be my problem?

I have double-checked that the problem isn’t browser cache related by checking the page through SSL Checker, which stated that it couldn’t find any certificates at trippyartcat.com.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

You may need to wait from a hour to 24 hours for the SSL certificate changes to propagate.

Thanks very much for the advice, will do that.

1 Like

I think it will take 24 hours to get active on your website. but i saw there is no mention of your issuer. when i used ssl checker to check your ssl

Certificate still isn’t attached. I guess perhaps it isn’t valid for the free account I have.

Please wait up to 24 hours.

1 Like

Thanks, its actually been 24 hours now but I’ll give it some more time.

It came good, I just needed to wait. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.