[SOLVED] Database Issues

On the 14th am, my WordPress website started to show: “Error establishing a database connection”
I thought that it was related to a new SSL certificate applied on the 13th pm.
Now I am not sure what the root cause was and if it was related to this outage (I could connect to the DB from phpMyAdmin) but my website started to work again after updating wp-config.php copying the user and password from my vPanel.
The wp-config.php file wasn’t modified since I created the website but as I discovered, it contained a user name different from the user listed in vPanel in the MySQL section (missing epiz_ prefix and having a _2 suffix) and had a password I never saw.
The mystery is:
a) Did the outage modify user names and passwords in the DB? or
b) Who/what process could modify my wp-config.php (without altering the date of the file)? or
c) How come the website worked before?

The database server is just down, and that’s why you can’t access it. Once iFastNet fixes it, most everyone should be unaffected.

1 Like

back up way before the end of the day for me no data loss. infinityfree.net and ifastnet for life!

1 Like

@PedroWP, @Orbitindustrial, @iammrram, Please stop! Everyone knows the issue here. So please stop sending your usernames. The team is working to fix, please have patience until resolved.

I’m not sure what you mean. They have only responded once here. Also, please do not be posting “me too” as that is not helpful.
Thanks

The team at ifastnet is working on this, please have patience.

If I need usernames, URLs or anything else to verify, I will ask for it. If I don’t ask for samples, I don’t need samples.

If I know an outage affects specific servers/IPs/hosting volumes/etc., I can just pull a list from the database. I don’t need people to submit that information by hand.

Please only post if you have new, useful information to add. A website URL to verify is extremely helpful if you do want to add information, but just another affected website is not useful.

As for the issue itself, I just asked iFastNet for an update about what’s going on.

The issue was resolved as good as was possible. The affected database servers are back online.

If your website is still unable to connect to the database, please check your control panel. If the database of your site is not shown there, it means it was unfortunately corrupted and could not be recovered. So if that’s the case, I’m sorry to say your database was lost.

If you still have a backup of your database, you can recreate the database and restore the backup to it.

If you do not have a backup, you may need to reinstall your website and rebuild it by hand.

I’m very sorry for what happened here and I’m very sorry if your databases were lost. But unfortunately there is just no way to restore it.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: I still get the “Error establishing a database connection” message on my site

When I open phpMyAdmin in my control panel, it shows this message:

Does this means the database is now gone?

Most likely

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast response. I hope I can recover the database from my backup.

1 Like

Corruption has occured

Is this outage also impacting web hosting services? I hosted a test server yesterday using WordPress and I was trying to figure out why the application is down before I reached this forum.

Thanks,
DR

I just made backup of DB

Not directly. This outage was a database issue, not a web server outage.

That said, if your website uses a database to work (which many sites do), then a database outage will likely take down your website too.

1 Like

Dear Sir,
Our database has completely disappeared without warning. kindly help [epiz_26113273 ] asap.

Please read:

1 Like

Dayum!
That is a shock
OK now trying to recreate the website but the CPanel won’t allow me to run wordpress install script. :frowning:

A post was split to a new topic: “error during connection has the database” but this error is only displayed once every 3-4 minutes