SOLUTION: WordPress Critical Error after updating it

Great write-up!

With the new version of WordPress just being released and probably many people having issues when updating to it, I’ve pinned your topic to the top of the list to make it easier to find for everyone.

13 Likes

Yeah you’re welcome @Admin!
Well I have written that topic separately only because I want it to be pinned and seen separate and for quick reference, rather then typing same things everywhere around.

Just a request, if please merge all the topics here :slight_smile: to keep everything systematic.

2 Likes

Please refer to the below quoted message I have updated in the main topic @NFerreiro.

You would have though a global CMS like WordPress that they would have a ‘revert’ button or system, to stop the failed update breaking the system, It’s like Windows updating, and having no internet, so crashing your computer.

Anyways… Very helpful!

I don’t think there is any need of revert button. Because this thing happens in free hosting because of server limits

Anyways, I think my post will solve everyone’s problem. So I am marking it solved.
Should you have any questions, feel free to reply below.

3 Likes

One story, my experience in first time updating WordPress, it fails but without the Critical Error, so my WP still safe and just retry with manual update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Then, Is necessary to delete wordpress, and reinstall it?.. or that is not necessary and Can I only install my backup?..(I use updraftplus and I have one)

Nope who said. I explained literally everything in my post. Kindly read it again.

I also have the same problem. So I deleted my Wordpress and reinstalled it but with the same result.
Installed it with Softaculous App Installer and I updated it from my Wordpress dashboard.
So for the time being I won’t update my Wordpress until someone has solved the problem.

Have you seen my pinned post by admin?

Yes. I made the comment before I saw your post.

Okay so it’s better to discuss everything there instead of splitting the same topic in multiple discussions.

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean by splitting the same topic in multiple discussion.
All I did just hit the reply button.

Maybe a MOD will explain this to you better.

:eyes:

Here’s the MOD @adolfs! Ask her.

I’m confused by splitting into multipl topics myself.

2 Likes

Yeh don’t worry, its merged here, you can reply here now.