Robots.txt is unreachable

Website URL

basc.infinityfreeapp.com
(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

Error Message

Google Search Console throws an error Robots.txt is unreachable. but i can access it via browser. I also triad renaming it to “robots.txt” but when i tried accessing it via browser it throws a 404 error. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!
(please share the FULL error message you see, if applicable)

Other Information

(other information and details relevant to your question)

Likely due to this

No issue

Take note free hosting is case sensitive.

6 Likes

is there other way to make this site indexed on google?

Your site should be indexed just fine. Having a robots.txt file is not mandatory, and if you don’t have one, search engines should assume that all pages are safe to index.

No need to find alternatives for something that just works.

4 Likes

Hi zeussss,

Google search console throws many issues that might not even be correct sometimes, and for your case, not having a robots.txt detected isn’t a problem at all. The robots.txt file is simply used to indicate bot preferences and places where you would not want a bot to scan or crawl. However, this does not mean that the bot necessarily follows the rules therefore consider it more of a commodity than security.

The only correct naming and case for the filename is robots.txt, plural and lower-cased.

You can submit a sitemap via GSC to let google know your site structure, one site to generating a sitemap is:

You can then download the generated sitemap and upload to GSC for processing. Submitting a site map does not necessarily mean it will get indexed as the content quality is also considered by Google.

Cheers!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.