Request to Add CNAME Record at Root Subdomain

Dear InfinityFree Support Team,

I am writing to request your assistance in adding a CNAME record at the root subdomain for my subdomain autops.lovestoblog.com

I am unable to add the record myself because I am on the free tier and the DNS Zone Editor is only available to premium users.

I would like to create a CNAME record for the following:

Please let me know if you are able to add this record for me. I understand that there may be a delay in the propagation of the record, but I am willing to wait for it to take effect.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,
Ujwal Pachghare

Just to let you know, premium hosting won’t let you do this either. The DNS standards simply do not allow for CNAME records to be setup on a root domain. Any DNS server that follows the standards does not allow this, and if you somehow manage to get it set up anyways, not all clients may support it.

We also won’t make this possible, because our free subdomains can only be used with our hosting. It’s not possible to host our free subdomains elsewhere. If you want to host a different domain with GitHub Pages, please consider purchasing/obtaining your own domain name where you can have full DNS controls. Or just use the GitHub provided subdomain.

And finally, generally speaking, with free hosting: if you can’t do it yourself, it’s not possible. Please consider that you’re already getting the subdomain and hosting completely for free, and that we don’t have the resources to serve special requests for particular people. Custom made services are almost always pretty costly.

7 Likes

Indeed, you’re correct. It’s commendable that you offer free hosting along with subdomains, and I appreciate it. Thank you for taking my request into account.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.