Relation between Infinityfree and Wordpress

I am new to this platform. After signing up for Infinityfree, I added Wordpress as the site builder software in the control panel and began to customize one of the templates to create my site. I am in that process now. I would like to add a blog post, but when I try to do this on my customized page, it takes me to a wordpress login, where it asks for my user name and password. When I put in the ones for my infinityfree account, it doesn’t recognize it. Do I need to create a new separate Wordpress account (which I don’t have outside of Infinityfree) and connect that, or …? I am not a very experienced. My URL is nancysatelier.com, but it doesn’t seem to be active at the moment.

What is the username and password you had set when installing WordPress?
This is different from the client area login

4 Likes

Thank you KangJL I was able to find a place to change my password. When installing WP, I don’t believe I was asked for one.

When installing software with Softaculous, you are asked to enter a username. Below that field you can enter the password, but by default it’s filled with a randomly generated one.

If you installed WordPress through Softaculous, you can also use Softaculous to gain access to the admin area. From there, you should be able to change your password.

If that’s not an option, you can also reset your password directly through the database:

And if all sounds too complicated, rest assured that you also just uninstall WordPress and reinstall it.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.