Redirecting to wrong 404 page

When I go to an address that doesn’t exist in my files - it redirects me to my custom 404 error page (correct behavior),
but when I go to myWebsite/index.html - it redirects me to the 404 InfinityFree page (why?)…

What i have in my files:

• index.html (so that when I go to myWebsite it will show the content)
  • 404.html
  • .htaccess file with:
    • ErrorDocument 404 /404.html

I don’t understand why, please help.

I looked for topics and didn’t find any similar problem, if there is one, please provide a link :smiley:

Please read

4 Likes

Yeah, I was there, and it wasn’t helpful at all.

What is your website?

3 Likes

Ok, I give up, everything seems to be working after all, I don’t know what’s going on, but when I entered via Tor, it works normally - it redirects me as I want (to my custom 404 page), and on a private computer the behavior is as I described - even after deleting cookies…
Thanks

Hi eacwacewcawecaweacwe,

So at least from this observation, your hosting and website is working to general public.

My suspicion is that you have previously attempted to navigate to your website during the hosting setup is being configured, and during that time your browser cached the redirect to the IF page, which is not related to whatever cookie cache you have, that’s a different cache and needs to be cleared alternatively.

If you still want to proceed with solving the issue, please let us know and we’ll guide you through that process for clearing the local cache in devtools.

Cheers!

6 Likes

yeah,
I think my computer had something cached, now everything works perfectly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.