Quick SSL Question

Hello,

I hope all is well.

I have just had an e-mail saying my SSL is due to expire, but I renewed it the other week, and everything looks fine in my control panel, but it is sort of correct, as one was due to expire next week.

Am I still good to go, do I need to do anything with the expiring certificate??

Thanks

Hello there,

If you have already renewed your certificate then you don’t need do to anything unless your certificate expired which you’ll have to install the new certificate keys.
I checked your SSL certificate and it’s already been updated.

2 Likes

If the SSL status says your SSL certificate is installed correctly and the expiration date is more than 30 days away, then everything is fine.

You currently still get expiration emails about certificates which have already been replaced with new ones. If you don’t want to receive the emails anymore, you can disable the expiration notifications for a certificate after you have renewed it.

1 Like

Hi admin, yeh I thought I had done it right as well, but I got an e-mail that said it had expired today, and when I have gone into my back end to amend an article, I got this…

I can’t seem to open the site either…

Any ideas on what I need to do?

Step 3 is showing a fail?? That must be the issue…

Your site was working perfectly fine when I visited it before.
But now your site is redirecting to Freenom.

Did you mess with your DNS records lately?

2 Likes

I had to replace a certificate, they only last three months don’t they…

Yep that’s the maximum length of any Let’s Encrypt certificates.
Also your site does not even use point to the InfinityFree servers and you’re not using the InfinityFree nameservers as well.

I have just looked at Freenom, and my domain name is not even registered on there anymore lol… Baffling, any ideas on what i can do, to get it back??

I was working on the site yesterday, perfectly fine, now my domain which was free, is being shown here?? baffling freenom is the issue not you guys… It was fine yeterday…

1 Like

Freenom is quite a shady registrar.

I always heard people getting their domain cancelled and then freenom decides to sell them, it happened to me once actually :expressionless: and then they decided to make it free again when it passed more than a few months ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , they probably expecting someone to buy it.

I even gave freenom a bad review because of that. But hey it’s actually not surprising especially since it’s free domains lolz.

4 Likes

No notice, nothing, the site was fine yesterday, how can I register a new domain, and get it attached to the site I have on here, it’s not like I can get a backup is it, it’s still not fixed, it’ll queue the files, but stops transferring them…

All queued, nothing being transferred pfft… Since when did free become a byword for substandard, free domains stolen, free site file transfer not working, pfft… I’ll try again tomorrow I reckon…

I think you should still be able to get your files back, try accessing your files using the Online FTP file manager in the Client Area.

You’ll just have to register another one just like how you registered you other domain before.
Then download a copy of your site from your old account and then upload them to your new account.

2 Likes

I’ve always been a FileZilla man, I’ll have a go and try and suss it out, I thought I had it going then, but it just gives up half way through… Here’s the log:

Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/models/forms/request.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,362 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/models/forms/filter_requests.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,916 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/models/forms/filter_consents.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,222 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/tables/request.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,934 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/tables/consent.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,611 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/capabilities/view.html.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,854 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/capabilities/tmpl/default.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,833 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/consents/view.html.php
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 1027 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 02:52. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: File transfer failed
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,148 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/consents/tmpl/default.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 218 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/consents/tmpl/default.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 4,349 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/dashboard/view.html.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,137 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/dashboard/tmpl/default.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 220 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/dashboard/tmpl/default.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 8,468 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/export/view.xml.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,508 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/request/view.html.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 4,562 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/request/tmpl/edit.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,378 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/request/tmpl/default.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,027 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/requests/view.html.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,113 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/requests/tmpl/default.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 218 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_privacy/views/requests/tmpl/default.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 5,897 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/redirect.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,157 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/redirect.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 602 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/controller.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,770 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/config.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,217 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/access.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 833 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/controllers/links.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 4,541 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/controllers/link.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 484 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/helpers/redirect.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,079 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/helpers/html/redirect.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,930 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/layouts/toolbar/batch.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 590 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/models/links.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 6,258 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/models/link.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 6,437 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/models/fields/redirect.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 4,009 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/models/forms/link.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,158 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/models/forms/filter_links.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,467 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/tables/link.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,966 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/views/link/view.html.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,230 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/views/link/tmpl/edit.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,033 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/views/links/view.html.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 5,248 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/views/links/tmpl/default_batch_footer.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 624 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/views/links/tmpl/default_batch_body.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 775 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/views/links/tmpl/default_addform.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,684 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/views/links/tmpl/default.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 179 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_redirect/views/links/tmpl/default.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 7,296 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/script.install.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,581 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/script.install.helper.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 22,967 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/regularlabsmanager.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,520 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/regularlabsmanager.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,681 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/extensions.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,398 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/controller.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 645 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/config.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,823 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/controllers/process.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 622 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/controllers/default.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 631 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_regularlabsmanager.sys.ini
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 671 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_regularlabsmanager.ini
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 10,008 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/models/process.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,632 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/models/default.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 11,767 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/views/default/view.html.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 4,923 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/views/default/tmpl/default_update.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 422 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/views/default/tmpl/default.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 17,404 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/views/process/view.html.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,587 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/views/process/tmpl/default_empty.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 389 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_regularlabsmanager/views/process/tmpl/default.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 4,958 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_search/search.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,417 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_search/search.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 596 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_search/controller.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,184 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_search/config.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,151 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_search/access.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 537 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_search/controllers/searches.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,266 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_search/helpers/site.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 814 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_search/helpers/search.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 8,047 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_search/models/searches.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 4,723 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_search/models/forms/filter_searches.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 898 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_search/views/searches/view.html.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,652 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_search/views/searches/tmpl/default.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 210 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_search/views/searches/tmpl/default.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,176 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_tags/tags.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,478 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_tags/tags.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 622 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_tags/controller.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,465 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_tags/config.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 11,100 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_tags/access.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 829 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_tags/controllers/tags.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,467 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_tags/controllers/tag.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,617 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_tags/helpers/tags.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,474 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_tags/models/tags.php
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 10,252 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_tags/models/tag.php
Response: 220-You are user number 987 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 02:53. Server port: 21.
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 10,368 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_tags/models/forms/tag.xml
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 7,734 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting download of /theracingoutsider.ml/htdocs/administrator/components/com_tags/models/forms/filter_tags.xml
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (185,27,134,11,162,236)
Command: RETR filter_tags.xml
Response: 150 Accepted data connection
Response: 226-File successfully transferred
Error: Disconnected from server: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted
Response: 220-You are user number 1002 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-You are user number 1009 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-You are user number 963 of 6900 allowed.
Error: File transfer aborted by user
Response: 220-You are user number 1011 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-You are user number 1017 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 02:54. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-You are user number 1018 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-You are user number 1016 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-You are user number 1014 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-You are user number 1016 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-You are user number 1019 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-You are user number 1027 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 02:55. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-You are user number 1028 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-You are user number 1023 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-You are user number 1022 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 421 Timeout - try typing a little faster next time
Error: GnuTLS error -110 in gnutls_record_recv: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Error: Could not read from socket: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted
Error: Disconnected from server
Response: 220-You are user number 1006 of 6900 allowed.
Command: AUTH TLS
Response: 234 AUTH TLS OK.
Command: USER epiz_20894772
Response: 331 User epiz_20894772 OK. Password required
Command: PASS ************
Response: 230-Your bandwidth usage is restricted
Response: 230 OK. Current restricted directory is /
Command: OPTS UTF8 ON
Response: 200 OK, UTF-8 enabled
Command: PBSZ 0
Response: 200 PBSZ=0
Command: PROT P
Response: 200 Data protection level set to “private”
Command: PWD
Response: 257 “/” is your current location
Response: 220-You are user number 1014 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-You are user number 1015 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-You are user number 1018 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 02:56. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-You are user number 1019 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-You are user number 1042 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-You are user number 1043 of 6900 allowed.

Quick heads up for FileZilla users, a simple disconnect and reconnect, after stopping processing the queue once it has stops, manages to restart it seven times out of ten, for example… I managed to get all of my files eventually…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.