Question about webhost/ftp

Website URL

iplaycs.epizy.com

Error Message

FILE NOT FOUND

Other Information

i try to upload .mp4 file, but is deleted instant…why?

Hi and welcome to the forum! The maximum file size for any file other than HTML, PHP or .htaccess is 10 MBs. If your video exceeds that size, it’ll be deleted; please see this article for more information:

You’ll be better off uploading the video to a video sharing website (like YouTube) and then embed it into your website if you don’t want to compress it so it fits to the limit.

8 Likes

Hi, my .mp4 video file have 6MB

Hi Levin1997,

The case cannot be reproduced, an MP4 upload with 9.9MB succeeded without issues.
Maybe you want to share the file here or use ffmpeg / Cloudconvert to compress it further?

Cheers!

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vie3_8gvW-I this is the video, i converted it to .mp4 and i see now is above 10mb…how i can do to make it under ?

What exactly do you need a video for?
if it’s for the video background, then you better use the embed YT video,

because for media files - the server uses bandwidth throttling (so such extensions are slower to download) and your visitors will wait longer for the video to start,
that’s why I repeat better use YT
and even better if you don’t have a video background at all (visitors will thank you for that).

6 Likes

yes, i wanted it for a partially video background, if i use iframe i will can’t use auto start with audio…

Does autoplay work here on the link? https://codepen.io/webty_mizusawa/pen/WNQqgbg

You not only need to add the autoplay=1 as a query param, but also add allow=‘autoplay’ as an iframe’s attribute.

4 Likes

is working, mine too, but i want it with audio too :o3

1 Like

Hi Levin1997,

As a web developer I can tell you a trick to get it to work.
As a user, I’ll hit close immediately if the page I’m opening is trying to make a bunch of noise.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

then talk to me from developer side, is that trick when i set the start-time of video?

Use playerjs

1 Like

Hi Levin1997,

Show some kind of prompt or popup message and let the user interact at least once by closing the thing, this way, you can start playing the music by listening to that interaction.

Cheers!

yeah, i let the user to stop the video, and about the interaction i tried methods, but i didn’t found a good one which can detect when user is active and to start the volume of video…

Hi Levin1997,

It’s not your duty to check the user interaction as the browser would determine if it allows your play() method to proceed. If the user has not interacted with your website before you do play(), then the audio is still disabled.

Meanwhile, if many users click mute on your tab once the play() starts to make a sound, Google Chrome would take those statistics to ban audio playback even if they interacted.

This is the console error on the client side.
Meanwhile, disabling F12 won’t stop people from using the console, especially for developers.

Cheers!

3 Likes

my intention by disabling is not for stopping peoples from using console

Hi Levin1997,

Mind if I ask what’s your intention to do so?

just testing functions(disabling some keys was for deny people from stealing or copying)

i m using the host for multiple tests, i have it for many years(5+), when i will have time i will look for that playerjs

Hi Levin1997,

Just a mindset clear up, there is no anti-copying on the modern web, as search engines index your images or videos and people can download from them instead. Disabling some keys that prevent copying will also interfere with the disabled, making fewer people being able to view your site.

The rule of thumb is that whenever you upload anywhere on the internet, expect it to be public regardless of privacy settings, as there is no such thing. The nature of the web is that you upload assets to hosting like InfinityFree for example, and they serve your content to whoever requests them on your behalf. You can set up some logic to not deliver the file at all, but in principle, the file is already out of your hands, therefore it’s a game of trust.

Normally we trust our hosting, but for visitors, you simply can’t “let them see but no download”. The browser has to download before it can be displayed.

Cheers!

4 Likes

i know

1 Like